Talk

Advanced search

Leave litter tray in new spot or move it back 5 days a week?

(2 Posts)
ChickenVindaloo Wed 02-Nov-16 20:22:54

Hello,

I have a healthy, 10yr old cat who I rescued a year ago. She goes outside but does use her litter tray inside every day. I live alone (with her) in a 2 bed flat. She has a tendency to anxiety - eg she overgrooms from time to time.

Up until now, I have had the tray in the spare bedroom as it was the most quiet, private area. And she has used it with no problems. But I will, for about 6 months, have my brother's girlfriend staying in that room Monday and Tuesday nights so she can get to uni. There's not much room for the litter tray once the sofa bed is unfolded. And obviously, there is a slightly unfamiliar person in the room which might be offputting.

I moved the tray into my bedroom (which is quite a bit bigger) and cat has been using it fine. She tends to spend a lot of time, especially overnight, though, in that room so it's maybe not an ideal location - pooping near her own bed. But I worry about upsetting the cat if I move the litter tray back to its original location. And then move it again come Monday.

So what to do? And yes, I realise maybe I am overthinking this!

Many thanks!

cozietoesie Wed 02-Nov-16 20:46:06

If she's using it fine in its new place, then it looks as if the location suits. Do you clean it quickly after use? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now