Talk

Advanced search

Cat can't keep biscuits down

(6 Posts)
wheatchief Tue 01-Nov-16 20:22:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

qwom Tue 01-Nov-16 21:48:22

My cats are quite gluttonous. They will eat a tonne of dry biscuits that soak up their stomach juice and then they're sick. Is your girl eating a lot? Maybe part soak the biscuits before feeding to her? My old boys have half and half wet/dry food

RubbishMantra Tue 01-Nov-16 22:06:53

Perhaps let her have wet food, and buy some Logic toothpaste. If she allows you to brush her teeth with the rubber finger cot toothbrush provided, great, but if not, most cats like the taste and will lick it off your finger. The enzymes coat the teeth/gums and do most of the work.

The stomach acids in her vomit probably aren't helping her teeth either. So it's sort of like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other type situation.

Applaws is a good quality dry food, if she's getting bored with Orijen. Like PP said, try soaking them in water first. And instead of free feeding, several small meals a day?

When did she last see the vet, out of interest?

wheatchief Tue 01-Nov-16 22:19:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FuzzyWizard Thu 03-Nov-16 17:53:39

I'd give them wet food. Both of them. The biscuits being better for their teeth thing has been largely debunked, especially as many biscuit brands contain a lot of carbs. Apparently wet food is better for their kidneys as it keeps them better hydrated. There still seem to be vets out there heavily promoting dry food but my vet feeds her cat wet food and recommended good-quality wet food as the main food for my cat with minimal biscuits. (They sell James Wellbeloved wet and dry and another brand that I can't remember but again wet and dry food) She said that this is how she feeds her own cats at home too.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 03-Nov-16 18:33:00

Mine has James Wellbeloved dry for breakfast, lunch and supper and a Natures Menu pouch for dinner. We tried him on James Wellbeloved wet but I wasn't impressed - there seemed to be a lot of juice and not much meat nad he was worrying for food straight after eating it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now