Talk

Advanced search

Two years and still upset

(15 Posts)
PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 28-Oct-16 10:22:55

It's two years today since lovely William was put to sleep. He was with us for such a short space of time (a month in our garden and 5 months at my Mum's) but he made such a huge impression on all of us. I still feel so angry at the people who abandoned him, cross at myself for not realising he needed a home earlier and sad that he didn't have longer.

I just hope the love, warmth and food (plenty of it) went some way to making up for his previous life. He was such a lovely natured boy, he deserved a better life.

Miss you William, hope you're happy and pain free at the Rainbow Bridge.

cozietoesie Fri 28-Oct-16 11:12:47

That tongue is just amazing!grin

He was home at last when he went. That would have compensated for the previous.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 28-Oct-16 12:21:31

Thanks cozie.

I love his pink tongue! It's one of the few pictures I have of him where you can see his face as he had problems lifting his head.

He had an amazing few months with my Mum. He went from not knowing where his next meal was coming from to being fed Sheba on demand 4 or 5 times a day!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 28-Oct-16 12:27:20

Awww what a gorgeous cat, he was with you in the end and Sheba x5 a day more than compensates for what happened before x

Toddlerteaplease Fri 28-Oct-16 16:09:39

All that matters is that in his last few months, he knew he was loved and much wanted. (And well fed) Well that's what I keep telling myself for when that dread day comes with my two. Just kidding myself because I'll be bereft.

HelenaDove Fri 28-Oct-16 17:02:18

thanks to you OP. i know how you feel. I had to have my beautiful cat pts last weekend. She was 15 and a half. She spent six months with her original owner and 15 years with us.

im heartbroken.

HelenaDove Fri 28-Oct-16 17:03:57

Hes lovely OP He was a tuxedo cat smile

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 28-Oct-16 17:10:19

He was amazing considering everything he went through. He was friendly and affectionate and I would willingly have kept him but he chased Harry out of the house! Obviously I couldn't have that so my lovely Mum had him. She saw him in his carrier after he'd been to the vets and DH told her he was hers if she wanted him. She didn't, but couldn't bear the thought of William going back outside. She quickly grew to love him and he had everything he could ever need.

Helena, your girl was gorgeous, I'm so sorry for your loss. She had a very knowing look about her.

HelenaDove Fri 28-Oct-16 17:10:37

OP You and your mum gave him a love and and devotion for the last months of his life.

He went to the Rainbow Bridge knowing what love is Because of you and your mum thanks

HelenaDove Fri 28-Oct-16 17:12:46

Thankyou Sparkly thanks

Mirandawest Fri 28-Oct-16 17:23:55

I had my cat put to sleep in January 2015. Still miss her sad

HelenaDove Fri 28-Oct-16 17:37:09

They leave an imprint of love in our lives which will last forever.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 28-Oct-16 20:18:26

Thank you Helena. I have some of his ashes and my Mum has the rest. I kept his collar and catnip mouse in a box and when I had a tattoo of Harry's paw print on my back I had a pink one for William.

I've got a fridge magnet that says 'cats leave paw prints on your heart' - so true

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 28-Oct-16 20:19:00

I'm so sorry Miranda flowers

HelenaDove Fri 28-Oct-16 20:49:11

So sorry Miranda. thanks

Sparkly ........paw print tattoos. So sweet.

DH and i are going to get some lockets to put her little pieces of fur in that the vet snipped off for us.

We have kept her little silver milk bowl. She didnt have a collar. Only the dermatological one she wore for a skin condition she had.
We are keeping her blankets There is one next to me right now and i can see a giant whisker slap bang in the middle of it.

God i miss her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now