Planning a trip but cat is unwell

(7 Posts)
CowGull Thu 27-Oct-16 23:18:29

My cat is currently in the vet being treated for a blocked urethra. Poor boy being kept overnight with a catheter in but kidney function looks ok, all being well he will be home in a day or two but vet was understandably unable to be sure the problem won't recur. We were on the verge of booking a trip for a couple of weeks' time but now having doubts, a friend has kindly agreed to cat-sit for us and I don't want her stuck with vet visits if I can help it. Also want to be there if DCat needs me, spoiled fur baby that he is. Anyone have experience of this and how long between bouts if it did recur?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Oct-16 23:24:42

We've just been through the same and our cat needed a lot of care the following week. If I had been working h I'd have needes to take time off he was so lovely and needed syringe feeding .

He's been fine since and they'll give you Cystaid I expect to sprinkle on his food to help stop it reoccurring. We changed to Applaws dry food too as it promotes UT health and looked much better than the food the vet suggested we buy from them ( only 37% meat compared the Applaws which is 85%)

Hope he's better soon!

CowGull Thu 27-Oct-16 23:31:15

Will obviously discuss it further with the vet when I pick DCat up but I am sitting at home stressing now, planned trip was to see my family so I was very excited. It could be pushed back a week or two but then DH would be unable to come and I'd be flying transatlantic with a 9 month old by myself.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Oct-16 23:33:20

** lovely = poorly

Bloody phonehmm

CowGull Thu 27-Oct-16 23:41:14

Thank you Dame, glad your cat is ok now and it gives me some encouragement. Think I need that just to wind down, I got so worried about him I hardly slept last night.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Oct-16 23:42:07

I remember that feeling, it's awful x

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 28-Oct-16 12:55:29

Any news today?smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now