Talk

Advanced search

Shall I Chance It?

(24 Posts)
Icequeen01 Wed 26-Oct-16 10:50:14

He looks cute and like butter wouldn't melt but do you think he's lulling me into a sense of false security? If I try to pass him on the stairs he's gonna get me isn't he! confused

cozietoesie Wed 26-Oct-16 10:57:43

Oh Yes. smile

Exercise tactics. Have him move from the stairs first. Get his mind off it. grin

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 26-Oct-16 11:09:32

Oh yes! I walked past Harry last night and he wrapped both paws around my leg and no, he wasn't giving me a hug!

usual Wed 26-Oct-16 11:12:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Icequeen01 Wed 26-Oct-16 12:38:45

Well a dreamie thrown a few steps up and a huge leap over his head and I managed to get to the top unscathed, this time .....

What you couldn't see in the photo was the way he was flexing and retracting the claws on the extended paw, just playing with me. I didn't like the sly look on his face either, a slight look to the left to pretend he wasn't really eyeing me up. He's out to get me today, I can sense it in my waters smile

iloveeverykindofcat Wed 26-Oct-16 12:43:54

Aaaa what's his name? He is big and lush <3

SnakeWitch Wed 26-Oct-16 12:50:10

He is utterly gorgeous. I adore big Fluffy cats!

Oldraver Wed 26-Oct-16 12:52:41

One of Ernie's favourite pouncing spots is the bottom of the stairs...he lays stretched out so you have no choice but to go over him. He also loves the middle of our stairs which are angles so a tad hard to climb over him

Icequeen01 Wed 26-Oct-16 13:04:53

Thank you, he is a gorgeous boy and we adore him. He's called Archie and he has an equally beautiful fluffy ginger brother called Angus. Angus is not quite so naughty!

cozietoesie Wed 26-Oct-16 13:12:40

In my experience, the especial thing with Siamese - probably other cats as well - is to persuade them that you are actually omniscient! wink (Admonition needs to arise from a Sinful Thought as well as a Bad Deed.) Cats don't seem to realise just how much they give away of their inner thoughts so - if they start looking longingly at a work surface or eg the tail starts moving in some way/there's a 'physical posture' - you just do an 'And what do you think you're about to do, Sirrah? '

Odds are that they'll turn around with a 'Who Me?' look on them - but they'll have got the message. smile

I'd deal with him immediately on the stairs if I spied that glint in his eyes. grin

By the way, they don't mind in the least as long as you're consistent with the rules and don't have too many of them. It seems to make them feel more secure in fact. smile

Icequeen01 Wed 26-Oct-16 15:18:22

Thanks for the advice Cozie. Will definitely give that a try next time. I do some times say to him 'don't you even think about it Archie!' To which he will then roll around lovingly on the floor with a look of 'Moi?' then will give me a sly swipe when I'm not expecting it to make sure I know he's still got the upper hand! He's also a bugger for patting an uncovered foot when you are sound asleep in a bed with his claws out! Ouch!

Wolfiefan Wed 26-Oct-16 15:21:55

He's gorgeous! Those eyes though. Looks grinlike he's trying to hypnotise you into just trying to get past!

cozietoesie Wed 26-Oct-16 15:41:10

He is entirely gorgeous. smile

I bet he looks at prospective prey in just the same way though, Wolfie. grin

RubbishMantra Wed 26-Oct-16 16:11:04

Little Monsieur's thing is to make it his business to swipe everything, preferably containing liquid, onto the floor. I can sense when he's going to do it now, and a stern "UH UH", and he saunters off, with a "who me?" expression. If he had trousers, his paws would be in his pockets, and he's be softly whistling.

RubbishMantra Wed 26-Oct-16 16:12:50

Gorgeous cat, by the way. Maine Coon?

Neverknowing Wed 26-Oct-16 16:18:41

Omg he's gorgeous!!!! I'm in love thlshock

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 26-Oct-16 17:15:00

Ears forward = focusing on prey.

Ours drops to the floor and rolls over when Dh catches him scratching the stair carpet. Never fails to get him out of trouble.

Icequeen01 Wed 26-Oct-16 17:44:09

I can see where you might think he has Maine coon in him but his mum was a pedigree Birman who had a fling with the local ginger Tom. Rescue centre think the owners then dumped her when they found out. Mum gave birth to four fluffy gingers and one pure black fluffy kitten. His brother has a very different texture to his fur, may be more like his dad, but still incredibly soft. Here is another photo of Archie with his brother.

cozietoesie Wed 26-Oct-16 17:51:04

What a wonderful pair. smile

Icequeen01 Wed 26-Oct-16 18:18:19

Thank you Cozie. We are very lucky to have them. Our teenage DS is besotted with them. He will even put piccies on FB which I am quite sure is not cool for a nearly 17 year old!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 26-Oct-16 18:30:51

I bet the girls like it though wink

Wolfiefan Wed 26-Oct-16 18:32:51

They are gorgeous OP. DH got suckered by a naughty tortie earlier. She looked disgruntled so he tried to straighten out the blanket she was on. She engaged attack mode! grin

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 26-Oct-16 18:37:04

Do they still get bullied by the little female cat?

Icequeen01 Wed 26-Oct-16 19:07:13

So funny you should say that* Fluffy* but I have just had to let Archie out the front door as he was desperate to go out and the little cat from next door was peeking in the cat flap in our back door and he was too scared to go out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now