Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good litter box?

(10 Posts)
calli335 Fri 21-Oct-16 06:10:04

I have one of those litter boxes with the cat flap but the pee leaks out! Anyone recommend one which will solve this problem please?

Toddlerteaplease Fri 21-Oct-16 10:26:28

I've got a top entry one from let's at home. It's brilliant.minimal tracking as they walk it off on the lid. Mine aren't the brightest but took tomit with no issues.

calli335 Fri 21-Oct-16 23:01:24

Thank you! Sounds perfect - will check it out smile

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Oct-16 23:45:17

How come the pee leaks? Is the bottom half very shallow - You know, where the lid and base click together, IYKWIM. Or do they like pissing on the sides, instead of directly onto your carefully and lovingly placed choice of litter?

I'll be acquiring one of these, when the next one needs renewing, and am in funds.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 22-Oct-16 07:57:57

Rubbish. I've got the cheaper version from zoo plus. It was only £26 and is brilliant!

RubbishMantra Sat 22-Oct-16 20:26:01

Ooh , that is interesting, Toddler. It's amazing how suppliers just add the word "designer" and then quadruple the price.

Were there any accidents whilst your 2 floofies got used to toploading, rather than going in horizontally?

And do your's share, or separate litter boxes for each? Mine happily share, but rarely use it, preferring to crap in my flowerbed. and I won't mention that they killed my lavender, then moved onto the honeysuckle and crapped that to death

I've tried a second litter-box, and it just gets ignored.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 22-Oct-16 22:00:40

No problems getting mine to adapt. And they really are not that bright. ( the owner of the rescue told me not to get a hooded one, as they would be too stupid to use it!! They were fine with it) The one I've got is very large and they share with no problem.

Soubriquet Sat 22-Oct-16 22:11:48

I just bought a new one from Wilkos.

£12.50 for a large hooded litter box.

Not had any problems with that and the bottom is quite deep

Toddlerteaplease Sat 22-Oct-16 22:22:45

I used to have that one. It was fine. I was constantly picking up nuggets of poo off the floor though with that one. Still happens with the current one but usually stays on the lid.

HappenstanceMarmite Mon 24-Oct-16 20:08:57

I've got this bad boy:

m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter_litter_boxes/litter_boxes_nofilter/litter_boxes_without_filter/300917

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now