Talk

Advanced search

£600!

(7 Posts)
bottleofredplease Sun 16-Oct-16 11:20:48

So what do you do when you have to get dentistry work done or cat will suffer forever more and the price is over £600 and you have no way of getting said money??

Soubriquet Sun 16-Oct-16 11:21:42

Ask for a pay plan or find a vet that will accept one

bottleofredplease Sun 16-Oct-16 11:23:38

I didn't know you could do that, will check with the vet where we go whether this might be an option. Thank you.

acatcalledjohn Sun 16-Oct-16 11:27:57

When our cat suffered from tooth resorption our vet quoted >£400 + VAT. A friend had recommended a small local vet with a fab reputation. They performed the same treatment (fabulously well I should add) for approx £180.

Some vets have a reputation and you pay more for that than you do the treatment.

Soubriquet Sun 16-Oct-16 11:28:24

Some do. Some don't

We are lucky that there is a vet in the area who will do it.

As long as you pay the balance off every month, they are happy to accept a pay plan

cozietoesie Sun 16-Oct-16 12:52:35

I just naturally hear things in my local practice while I'm waiting for one thing or another. We live in a very mixed income area and I know that the staff are extremely cost-conscious generally. They're often 'arranging' things for clients.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 16-Oct-16 14:03:08

Shop around. My vets is only about £200 for a dental.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now