Is this ok?

(8 Posts)
oxcat1 Sat 15-Oct-16 17:00:25

I am just about to pick up a pair of 10-week old female kittens from the Cats Protection League. Yay!

however, I am disabled, and use either a wheelchair when outside, or crutches. I usually have a carer with me, but looking ahead, I would like to be able to transport the cat/s by myself, if I needed to pop to the vet, for example.

Would something like this be ok for two kittens, and then one cat when they got older?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Becko-Carrier-Soft-sided-Outdoor-Backpack/dp/B018NDO614/ref=cmcrr_arpdd_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

I think that using a shoulder strap would unbalance me too much, but a backpack would work with my crutches, and I could wear it on the front when in the wheelchair.

Do you think this would be OK? Or would you recommend something different?

And what else should I get my little kitties? Can't wait to spoil them!

Soubriquet Sat 15-Oct-16 17:03:31

That will be fine

Nice and secure for them
Nice and safe for you!

Beds, toys, litter boxes are all needed

oxcat1 Sat 15-Oct-16 18:22:41

Brilliant - thanks!

And litter trays: hooded or non-hooded?!

I'm going round in circles looking at the available options for everything. Beds, litter trays, bowls etc. Mind-boggling for someone as indecisive and anxious as me.

cozietoesie Sat 15-Oct-16 18:29:16

Personally, I'd forget buying a 'cat-bed'. A cardboard box with an old coverlet or fleece in will do the job fine. (And that's if they choose it. All mine have slept where they pleased, pretty well.)

And look in your cupboards for any bowls/saucers first. They don't need anything special really.

ProfYaffle Sat 15-Oct-16 18:35:39

Litter trays - personally I prefer hooded as it keep the smell in and you don't have to look at it. You do realise though that your preferences will count for nothing - we all bow the will of our feline overlords in the end!

Soubriquet Sat 15-Oct-16 19:15:05

I prefer hooded

Keeps the smell down

I had a hooded kitten tray which was perfect. Nice and small and an easy push flap

Just upgraded to a bigger one from wilko's for £12.50!

Toddlerteaplease Sat 15-Oct-16 19:43:22

What about a special pet stroller if you can use that to lean on, if you can go without crutches. Or look up pet taxi companies in your area.

cozietoesie Sat 15-Oct-16 19:56:11

Remember that with two cats, you'll need more than one tray. Are they to be indoor cats or shall they go outside? (Once neutered, vaccinated etc.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now