Talk

Advanced search

She's getting closer...!

(14 Posts)
PosiePootlePerkins Fri 14-Oct-16 15:08:54

Posted a while back about our dear new cat who has been reluctant to get too close. (Thread - Will my cat ever be a lap cat?)
Well this week I have been off work sick and she's gradually been getting closer! Has been sleeping in the bedroom doorway while I've been sleeping in bed, has been talking to me a LOT! and today while I am curled up on the sofa under a blanket, she's curled up asleep at the other end!
Bless. I don't want to get better now! I feel there is hope for the future if we carry on like thisgrin

PosiePootlePerkins Fri 14-Oct-16 15:27:11

Oh and its a good job I took that pic because 10 minutes later the doorbell went and spooked her, and she ran out into the gardengrin
Baby steps....

cozietoesie Fri 14-Oct-16 15:28:12

Good going. smile

cozietoesie Fri 14-Oct-16 15:29:03

PS - Hope you're feeling better though.

PosiePootlePerkins Fri 14-Oct-16 15:37:16

Thanks cosie Yes I'm on the mendsmile

PosiePootlePerkins Fri 14-Oct-16 15:38:23

Oops cozie sorry not cosie!

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 14-Oct-16 17:19:16

Won't be long before she has the whole sofa and you are on the floor!

claraschu Fri 14-Oct-16 17:21:50

She is beautiful! I would have such a hard time restraining myself from lunging at her and trying to pet and cuddle her.

PosiePootlePerkins Fri 14-Oct-16 17:54:31

Weeds you are of course correct!grin
Claraschu thank you, and yes it has been hard at times! But she's made it very clear what her boundaries are! I suspect a woman in her previous life has manhandled her, hence her reluctance (she's much better with DH). But slowly slowly wins the race!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 14-Oct-16 20:27:30

She's a lovely girl and looks very content.

PosiePootlePerkins Fri 14-Oct-16 21:30:06

Thanks Fluffy I have loved her from day 1 and I think she is slowly learning to love mesmile
I can share these crazy cat feelings on this forum, you all seem to understand!

claraschu Fri 14-Oct-16 22:54:31

Sounds like you are doing just the right thing. Cats always let us know exactly what that right thing is!

CaptainCabinets Thu 20-Oct-16 12:27:36

I was getting ready to demand answers as to why you were posting pictures of my cat blush

PosiePootlePerkins Thu 20-Oct-16 16:22:44

Captain that's so funny! A cat doppelgänger grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now