PuffinCat "went missing" today

(9 Posts)
Puffinity Sun 09-Oct-16 21:34:51

DH was starting to get worried about her so was out the front looking for her (she's not supposed to go there but she can get round from the back). I was in the kitchen making soup, telling DH this was actually more normal cat behaviour than PuffinCat's refusal to leave the back garden/ go outside. Then I heard an odd rattling sound... and again... I opened the kitchen cupboard and out came PuffinCat smile slightly concerned about what the neighbours will think of me after shouting "I locked her in the kitchen cupboard babes, it's fine!"

EvansAndThePrince Sun 09-Oct-16 21:40:06

gringringrin

EvansAndThePrince Sun 09-Oct-16 21:41:04

I often think my cat has gone out and then hear him meowing through the baby monitor in my room blush he sneaks in while I'm trying to get the toddler out and we shut the door because...well he's not allowed in the bedroom grin

Puffinity Sun 09-Oct-16 21:43:42

Evans the weird thing is that she'll miaow to wake us up just to have a chat, but when she wants to go out (or is locked in) she'll just sit by the door waiting for us to notice her. Not a squeak came out of her when she was in the kitchen cupboard, and I think she must have been in there for a good few minutes...

HunterHearstHelmsley Sun 09-Oct-16 21:44:58

My cat somehow sneaks under my bed (it's one of those lift up storage ones).. Couldn't find her for 2 hours once and thought I'd check there on an off chance and she was snuggled down in some paperwork.

She also got trapped in the gap between two wardrobes and when I rescued her I ended up bloody trapped.

EvansAndThePrince Sun 09-Oct-16 21:46:20

grin bless her Puffin

JamieVardysParty Sun 09-Oct-16 21:49:46

DH is forever trapping one cat in a cupboard or wardrobe. Normally the other cat sits outside the closed door until we notice.

Once he trapped him in the laundry cupboard which has slats at the bottom. I only noticed because he was sticking his paws through the slats to the outside world and his brother was trying to bite them grin

cozietoesie Sun 09-Oct-16 22:01:56

If that's the worst your neighbours have to gossip about, you're not doing that badly! grin

Puffinity Sun 09-Oct-16 22:11:46

Haven't been here long cozie!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now