Talk

Advanced search

Christmas presents for pets

(23 Posts)
Omgkitties Thu 06-Oct-16 21:03:35

I'm just starting to plan Christmas presents and how much money I'm spending and on who. I put down about £20 for presents for our 2 cats and puppy but this is a cat section and MILs 3 cats. DP says im fucking nutty and doesn't know anyone else who would do that! I've done it the last 3 Christmas so not sure why he's bringing it up this year hmm

Perhaps I am a bit nutty because I see all cats as my babies crazy cat lady here but I think it's nice to treat them. Ofc they don't bloody know what's going on but it's still fun and a good opportunity to get them new toys or a bed, some nice things like cat nip and treats and even the one time of year they will get a box of the nice expensive food. Perhaps £20 does seem a lot of money but that's only £5 per pet (MILs 3 cats will share their little Christmas bundle as they're all close I'm age and enjoy same things(?!))

Please tell me I'm not crazy to do this and I'm not the only one who buys gifts for pets who haven't a clue what's happening? grin

Willywolly Thu 06-Oct-16 21:05:39

No way! I do it too so even if you are nutty, you are not alone!

shitwithsugaron Thu 06-Oct-16 21:07:33

I did this and my dog opening her presents on Christmas morning is my highlight, she's so funny.

Have my eye on the advent calendar at Wilko!

shitwithsugaron Thu 06-Oct-16 21:08:05

Should say I do this not did, oops.

MooseAndSquirrel Thu 06-Oct-16 21:08:18

I buy for our three pets (the tortoise is un impressed by the festivities though) I also buy for my mums dog. They're part of our family so why not, like you say its a good excuse for some new toys/special treats

Omgkitties Thu 06-Oct-16 21:18:29

Thank you! Exactly what I say about them being part of the family!

They've even got little Christmas outfits for kitten and dog to wear Christmas Day that hopefully they'll keep on for a while. Older cat won't, she hates anything like that and walks backwards like she thinks she can walk out of it! grin

cozietoesie Thu 06-Oct-16 21:32:11

Mine all like the roast. Presents they can take or leave. wink

RubbishMantra Thu 06-Oct-16 21:46:51

If the cats don't already have a Flying Frenzy get them one of those. You can buy loads of different attachments for the end.

I bought the bird and rabbit from Clasicats, on a recommendation frome here, and they've gone down well too. Also the Kong Kickeroo, if your cat likes to practice disembowelling.

RubbishMantra Thu 06-Oct-16 22:09:06

Moose, are you ever tempted to put one of those sticky bows on your tortoise's shell, and watch him trundling about looking all festive? Then reward him with hand fed cucumber slices and lettuce leaves.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 06-Oct-16 22:21:46

Last Christmas I persuaded my parents to buy my pair a large storage container for their huge bags of food. It cost £25. My dad was a bit hmmat the cost but they brought it without too much persuading or complaint. grin

Toddlerteaplease Thu 06-Oct-16 22:24:17

I will probably just get them some more toys from clasicats. They've just had a new scratching post which was an early present from their 'uncle'!!

MooseAndSquirrel Fri 07-Oct-16 06:35:26

rubbish im determined to find a little Santa hat this year, hell ignore anything for some cucumber slices so good chance of getting a pic

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Fri 07-Oct-16 06:49:30

Ours usually get a bag of Dreamies and a new toy each.

Floralnomad Fri 07-Oct-16 06:51:31

I buy for my dog ,who also has his own advent calendar, and my mums dogs and cat and all presents get wrapped . Our dog loves unwrapping and he's really careful when he does it . We spent about £40 on the dog for his birthday this year .

YesItsMeIDontCare Fri 07-Oct-16 06:56:38

Lick-e-Lix. Leroy will be getting a shit ton of Lick-e-Lix.

And probably another £30 worth of stuff. Spoiled!!!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 07-Oct-16 08:41:35

I have been known to spend more on Harry than I have done on DH!

EachandEveryone Fri 07-Oct-16 09:55:30

What can my Daphne wear? She'll be 7 months by then and post op.

I bought this I couldn't wait and she loves it m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/scratching_posts/scratching_barrell/194645

It's not just you mine waits at the door when I come home from shopping because she knows I would've bought her a pound shop mouse. Can you tell I haven't any children?

Lancelottie Fri 07-Oct-16 09:59:19

Scratching barrel went down a storm here, too. It's the only cat-purpose item that actually seems to get used for the purpose. Does yours have three inside hidey-holes? I can't tell from the picture.

TimeIhadaNameChange Fri 07-Oct-16 10:27:20

T has her own stocking which is hung up with ours each year. There are also ones for the rabbits and guineas too (but not one each, as there's be no room for anything else!).

DP is definitely NOT an animal person, dontcha know, but was upset last year that he hadn't actually ordered T a filled stocking. I did point out she didn't need one, we just need to fill hers each year. She also had an Advent Calendar, as did the littles.

Then, of course, she gets presents under the tree. DP (remember, he's not actually an animal person) always has to buy her something which he wraps up, and she usually gets a few things from her granny (my mother) and a friend of mine. Obviously she sends them presents too.

A perfectly normal Christmas!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 07-Oct-16 10:28:51

Scratching barrel was ignored here. They scratched it a bit but never played in it. They preferred a normal scratch post thing.

EachandEveryone Fri 07-Oct-16 10:33:52

Yes three holes she loves it. She sleeps on top of it in the day.

EachandEveryone Fri 07-Oct-16 10:34:42

This one

RubbishMantra Fri 07-Oct-16 18:32:04

Those Clasicats toys are awesome, aren't they, Toddler. The day they were delivered (fitted through letterbox), MCat had already ripped open the packaging, and was rolling around with them in a blissed out trance.

I can't wait to see your tortoise in a santa hat moose! A tortoise was my first childhood pet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now