Talk

Advanced search

Cat has started peeing on the floor!

(6 Posts)
MinesaBottle Wed 05-Oct-16 22:37:02

I have no idea what to do. We keep his litter box clean and he poos and usually pees in no problem. We have a laminate floor and recently he has started sometimes peeing in the same spot - we've recently been away but had a Catsitter, but on coming back he (the cat!) had peed there again and the floor has started to rot. I'm at the end of my tether - I've tried bicarb, tin foil and various odour removers and he still does it. Anyone have any tips?

cozietoesie Wed 05-Oct-16 22:46:30

Has he been to the vet recently to check whether his health is OK? Oh - and is he still using his tray to poo?

MinesaBottle Wed 05-Oct-16 23:10:06

Yes and yes. He also still pees in his tray most of the time, but not every time and when he doesn't it's in the same spot. I'm not sure I can get the smell out of the floor enough to stop him sad

thecatneuterer Wed 05-Oct-16 23:17:35

I've recently had the same problem with my sanded floor in the hallway. Out of desperation I tried Zoflora, as I often seen it mentioned on MN as a miracle odour remover, and it was very effective and seemed to discourage repeat offending as well as completely removing the smell.

MinesaBottle Wed 05-Oct-16 23:34:30

I'll try it but looking at the floor it seems it's gone beyond that as far as smell goes.

We've been planning to replace it all with tiles and underfloor heating...the cat couldn't possibly know that, could he?! shock

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 06-Oct-16 11:35:20

Maybe he really wants ufh & this is to try and hurry you up.

Try another tray, he might want two from now on.

We're tiling downstairs for similar reasons. And getting a robot vacuum cleaner when it's done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now