Talk

Advanced search

How can 2 medium sized cats....

(8 Posts)
Allergictoironing Tue 04-Oct-16 19:25:37

...produce SO much poo in 10 hours?

Got in from work to be greeted by an "interesting" odour, clearly a cat had done it's thing in the tray very recently & not covered it as well as usual. When I got the bag & scoop and got to work, it was like a pair of Great Danes had been using the tray shock. They had definitely done their thing yesterday during the day, so it isn't like they'd been saving it up for a special occasion or anything.

RubbishMantra Tue 04-Oct-16 20:02:18

It's been like that in the Mantra household for a few weeks too. I think it's the weather - mine prefer to poo in my flowerbed, I think they wait for the rain to stop, store it up = mahoosive poos.

Also I've changed their food around a bit, is that a possibility with your 2?

Toddlerteaplease Tue 04-Oct-16 20:28:07

I've been having the same thought. Both of mine are indoors but have been scooping a lot more poo over the last few days. No diet change.

Hopelass Tue 04-Oct-16 20:38:44

We've had the same from our indoor cat. She's also eating us out of house and home. I think she's stocking up for winter or something confused

Allergictoironing Tue 04-Oct-16 21:09:42

Hopelass mine are indoor cats as well. Absolutely no change in their diet, if anything I've slightly reduced their kibble as they've both developed that slightly saggy look to their tummies that indoor cats can get, and I don't want them to get too fat.

Exercise seems about the same as usual - hard to tell when I'm out at work during the day but the stairs and hallways are thundered up and down every morning and night, and I get The Stare if they don't get at least half an hour of Da Bird every evening too (though Girlcat seem to be switching allegiance to the feather boa on a stick lately).

They can sometimes be a little erratic in their use of the tray, saving it up for a while, but they definitely hadn't this time. It was just the size of each of the piles they left me; I was surprised they had room in their quite narrow little bodies for that much poo!

Toddlerteaplease Tue 04-Oct-16 21:31:40

Mine sometimes leave nuggets on the kitchen floor because it stuck to them. My dad trod on one and walked it all over the kitchen. Urgh!

Allergictoironing Tue 04-Oct-16 21:48:47

Eek! Worst mine do on that front is the occasional over-enthusiastic scraping of the litter to cover their latest offerings, which can tip the odd little nugget over the edge.

Allergictoironing Wed 05-Oct-16 08:45:29

Went in this morning, and one of them has managed to produce another (normal sized) poo! Where on earth is it all coming from? shock confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now