Talk

Advanced search

Litter Tray Help (photo of floofy tummy included in attempt to make it slightly less boring)

(13 Posts)
YesItsMeIDontCare Mon 03-Oct-16 09:39:05

Can anyone recommend a hooded litter tray for a panther fat large cat? Preferably a non-flap one as he doesn't use a cat flap (unless flap can be removed).

Thank you 😊

cozietoesie Mon 03-Oct-16 13:14:21

What a yummy tummy! smile (Although I'm afraid we use standard trays. Is he a scatterer or something?)

icandoscience Mon 03-Oct-16 13:35:52

I've got one of these:

www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Style-Hooded-Litter-Tray/dp/B001G0FHY2

DKitty isn't huge but likes to sit very upright when he pees. This tray is depp with a tall hood so works well for him. The flap is easily removable.

They also do an even bigger one apparently, though I haven't used it myself:

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003RQVGKC/ref=twister_B00GN5Z286?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

YesItsMeIDontCare Mon 03-Oct-16 14:02:55

He's not a scatterer, but when we move the tray will have less "privacy" (and any smell a bit more obtrusive) so I was hoping to have a hooded one. The one he's got is hooded, but he struggles to turn round in it so we took the hood off.

Thank you for those links icando - I'll go and do some measuring!

RubbishMantra Mon 03-Oct-16 16:14:31

icandoscience; " though I haven't used it myself."

You bad, bad cat owner! I always insist on trying out new litter trays myself in the shop! grin

I'm not very popular with the shop assistants, or shoppers alike. confused

I did actually know someone whose toddler took a great steaming turd in the cat's litter tray.

iloveeverykindofcat Mon 03-Oct-16 16:37:48

No tray recs, but I find a litter-trapping mat around the tray really cuts down on the spray and spread.

NotAPuffin Mon 03-Oct-16 17:00:50

OMG MAXFLOOFAGE!

<unhelpful>

Toddlerteaplease Mon 03-Oct-16 20:45:26

Mine have a top entry one from zoo plus. Overpriced but minimal tracking. And very private for them.

Lanaorana1 Mon 03-Oct-16 22:25:30

I use the catit one for Mr C who is vast. I would have got a plastic dog basket size Large Dog had he needed it, some of them work too.

That tummy is making me dribble. Very, very acceptable.

Papergirl1968 Mon 03-Oct-16 22:27:23

Got ours from Pets At Home - it's pretty large and the hood has a removable flap.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 03-Oct-16 22:34:14

Forgot to say; what a gorgeous tummy!

Mincepies76 Mon 03-Oct-16 23:06:19

My fluffy boy uses one like this. The flap can come off.

YesItsMeIDontCare Mon 03-Oct-16 23:21:50

Thanks for recommendations and floof appreciation.

Here's some more floof and yes, he does let me skoosh it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now