Talk

Advanced search

LBK is constantly hungry...

(10 Posts)
FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Sun 02-Oct-16 22:50:52

Little LBK was done about two weeks ago, and for the last couple of days seems constantly hungry! (Tricked DP yesterday and had three pouches!) has constant supply of biscuits which he's finish in and is stealing packets and trying to claw/bite them open! Feed him good quality food, wainwrights. 1/2 pack in morn full pouch at night.
Not sure what to do with him, don't want him to do get fat!

cozietoesie Sun 02-Oct-16 22:55:36

How old is he?

ozymandiusking Sun 02-Oct-16 23:05:55

Is he only having 2 meals a day?Our cat has 4, breakfast, at 8 00 am lunch at 1pm tea at 6pm and supper at 10 .30. Sometimes more. Biscuits always there all the time. He hasn't put on any weight in the last 5 weeks, and doesn't go out hardly at all.
I don't think you are feeding him enough. How old is he?

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Sun 02-Oct-16 23:09:22

He's 6 months old.
I'm not here during the day so definitely can't feed him four times a day!
Here's a picture of him watching the tele smile

RubbishMantra Mon 03-Oct-16 00:49:30

The drugs given after neutering can give cats the insatiable munchies for a day or 2.

Ensure his biscuits are topped up all the time. What brand of biscuits are you feeding him? High meat content, no cereals/grain content eg. Applaws and Orijen are the upper end of the scale, lowest end Go-Cat; terrible stuff, full of carbs, which don't leave the cat feeling full. being obligate carnivores.

At your boy's age, Little M was eating the same amount in weight as an adult Labrador would. He's going through his adolescence, so will be active and growing - just like a teen.

Are his worming/fleaing treatments up to date?

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Mon 03-Oct-16 05:14:13

Wainrights biscuits too!
Yep, Definitely up to date with he advocate smile
Shall I give into his demands then?

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 03-Oct-16 06:46:45

He's still a kitten so I'd just feed when asked. Ours has 4 pouches a day but was an eating machine for ages.

cozietoesie Mon 03-Oct-16 10:59:41

At that age, I would. (Judiciously. wink) He's a growing lad and you don't need him developing a 'thing' about nosh in his future.

Make sure you play with him as well of course. smile

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Tue 04-Oct-16 11:43:44

We play with him lots, he sleeps with us and we adore him generally he's carried round on DPs shoulder like a parrot!

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Tue 04-Oct-16 11:43:49

We play with him lots, he sleeps with us and we adore him generally he's carried round on DPs shoulder like a parrot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now