Talk

Advanced search

Cat gone missing - please hold my hand?

(15 Posts)
Puzzledandpissedoff Tue 27-Sep-16 17:16:01

Ivy's only a year old, went out this morning and hasn't come back - sounds silly to worry already I know, but she ALWAYS comes when called (has been thoroughly trained to with a treat each time)

I've called her at neighbours' garages, circulated posters and notes through doors, registered her loss online and with the microchip people and can't think of anything else unless I've missed something?

Worse still I've got to travel for a funeral from Wednesday to Friday, so have had to put her sister Holly in kennels since I can't risk her going too if I leave the cat flap off overnight - they've always been shut in at night

Obviously I've searched the local roads too, but just keep drawing a blank - please can somebody hold my hand, as I just don't know what else to do

Miloarmadillo1 Tue 27-Sep-16 17:19:05

Phone local vet practices and local branch of RSPCA if you have one nearby. Is there a Facebook lost pets group near you?
Good luck, hope she is just off on a jolly and will slink in looking guilty soon.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Tue 27-Sep-16 17:19:57

Phone the council tomorrow . Apparently they aren't obliged to check for micro chips if picking up pets off the roads.
Sorry but best check all options of enquiry.
Sure she will be back before then.

cozietoesie Tue 27-Sep-16 17:24:33

Lots of luck.

Puzzledandpissedoff Tue 27-Sep-16 17:27:21

Thanks everyone - already called the vets / RSPCA / Cats Protection and put it on Facebook, but will definitely call the council; I hadn't thought of that

I'm just hoping she's gone in someone's house when they were leaving for work this morning. If so she should be home soon, but if she's not back tonight it's looking grim ...

OhMrsQ Tue 27-Sep-16 17:42:18

Please try not to worry too much (easier said than done). Mine went out one morning, didn't come back for dinner. Or the next morning. By dinner the second night I was distraught.
Heard the cat flap at 3am. And there she was, strolling in. I have no idea where she had gone, but she was the same age as yours. Sometimes they get a bit lost.
I really, really hope Ivy comes home soon

allsfairinlove Tue 27-Sep-16 18:40:56

Hope she comes back home soon OP. I don't blame you for being worried, I would be too. Please keep us posted

sluj Tue 27-Sep-16 19:17:18

I am a gibbering wreck when mine don't come home on time. You can't help it. Go out and call regularly, rattle some cat treats. Mine just stroll in eventually but the wait is awful

Puzzledandpissedoff Tue 27-Sep-16 19:25:47

Dear god, the little sod has just wandered in - not rushed in mewing you understand, but strolled as if today's worry had never happened. I'm convinced she really must have got into someone's house rather than garage, then escaped when they got home; there just doesn't seem any other explanation

Anyway at least she's back, so huge sighs of relief here and very many thanks to you all for the hand hold flowers flowers

Oh, her sister keeps swiping her around the head though ...

sluj Tue 27-Sep-16 19:45:07

Great. Now breathe. ..
It won't be the first time but so glad you can relax now and have a cuddle smile

allsfairinlove Tue 27-Sep-16 20:00:43

That's great news! So happy she's back!

OhMrsQ Tue 27-Sep-16 20:08:38

yay!

CuddlesAndCupcakes Tue 27-Sep-16 20:12:47

So glad that she has come back smile

Puzzledandpissedoff Tue 27-Sep-16 22:28:29

Got to get an early night before travelling tomorrow for the funeral ... but the little toerag lovely Ivy has done me for a small pouch of prawns AND some prime chicken tonight

Clearly she's realized her chances are in because I'm so glad to have her back. I must be absolutely mad blush

allsfairinlove Tue 27-Sep-16 22:49:17

ha, shes got you puzzled grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now