Talk

Advanced search

Bunny Poo

(13 Posts)
TheCatLikesMeBest Sun 25-Sep-16 16:07:43

Cat has been leaving little round hard poo pellets around the house.
Google suggests it might be constipation so I've tried reducing dried food but I can't get him to drink. He's an outdoor cat and seems well otherwise.
Any clues?

thecatneuterer Sun 25-Sep-16 16:12:02

I would try cutting out dried food altogether, at least for a while. If they eat wet food they don't need to drink much as their moisture comes from the food.

Squirrills Sun 25-Sep-16 16:26:45

That was my plan but he has decided he no longer likes his favourite wet food and just sits by a dish full accusing me of starving him. If I cave in he wolfs down the dry. Maybe I could soak the dry food?

Squirrills Sun 25-Sep-16 16:27:48

Oops name change fail!
I liked a cat name for this topic blush

DesolateWaist Sun 25-Sep-16 16:40:18

I trick my girl into drinking water by putting a glass of water on the floor in the bedroom. She will then drink this in a noisy fashion to wake me up in the morning.

Squirrills Sun 25-Sep-16 17:00:40

Oh yes! I had forgotten he will always steal water from DSs water glass.
I will put a random glass of water down.

WeirdAndPissedOff Mon 26-Sep-16 00:16:13

Supposedly cats like running water, so if you have no luck perhaps try either getting a fountain, or letting a tap run?
I know several people whose cats are terrified of their fountains, though.

Olinguito Mon 26-Sep-16 16:41:36

Does he like cat milk?

Squirrills Mon 26-Sep-16 16:47:33

Cat milk? I don't know, will get some and try it. He has lapped from the glass I put down though so some success.

HighBrows Mon 26-Sep-16 16:51:14

3 cats here and we got a water fountain back in June. They are only using it the last 2 weeks for months the did this at it confusedhmm

They still prefer a running tap.

HighBrows Mon 26-Sep-16 16:51:54

Or dirty water outside. Puddles especially.

WeirdAndPissedOff Tue 27-Sep-16 07:00:27

HighBrows - yy! Our elderly cat always used to turn down various offerings of fresh water in favour of the skanky stagnant rainwater that had collected in an ornament outside.

Op - supposedly cats also don't like water near their food bold, so putting his water in a different place may help?

DesolateWaist Tue 27-Sep-16 07:26:35

My girl also loves oat milk! She goes mad for it. If I have a bowl of cereal with oat milk she will sit at the table and stare at me until she can have some!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now