this chap is for the chop tomorrow

(31 Posts)
Gatekeeper Wed 14-Sep-16 17:08:44

Stray entire tom has been visiting for three months and has taken up residence in our wood store much to the disgust of Sherlock. He was heartbreakingly skeletal and very frightened and young but we have fed and wormed him until he has blossomed.
Trap borrowed from CPL and vet booked so this time tomorrow Nobby's Nuts will be a memory smile

LaurieFairyCake Wed 14-Sep-16 17:09:58

Are you keeping him?

He's lovely !!!!

IfartInYourGeneralDirection Wed 14-Sep-16 17:10:34

RIP Nobby's nuts flowers

Gatekeeper Wed 14-Sep-16 17:13:35

Our cat 🐱 wouldn't allow it as he hates other cats otherwise he'd be in here like a flash! He's totally silent though, no meows or purrs or chirrups and a bit thick but lovely

LaurieFairyCake Wed 14-Sep-16 17:32:31

Oh that's so sad - I hope they find him
a home quickly sadsadsad

Gatekeeper Wed 14-Sep-16 17:44:20

Aw we'll bring him back with us. Dh is going to build him a winter shelter and we'll continue to feed him. Just cant let him in the house as Himself will clobber him !

cozietoesie Wed 14-Sep-16 17:54:11

He has a kind face. smile

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 14-Sep-16 18:16:11

Oh he is a lovely looking boy. I hope a suitable home comes along before the weather gets bad.

I never know how ferals survive the coldest months, I suspect some don't make it.

Rachcakes Wed 14-Sep-16 18:34:41

He's a handsome chap. What a shame for him. No microchip, presumably?

Gatekeeper Wed 14-Sep-16 20:04:10

We'll soon find out. We have bungalows near us ( live in a small village) and about six.months ago one of the occupants was taken into hospital and never came home sad. He had a white and tabby cat and am wondering if our stray is his. If no chip he'll come home with us and we'll look after him; he was eating roast pheasant for his tea!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 14-Sep-16 20:17:26

It's a massive coincidence.

His shelter will need a draughtproof cat flap & a power source for a 12v heat pad.

I can't imagine a hot water bottle lasting all night if you're rural. I've known it get to -17c in the midlands countryside.

cozietoesie Wed 14-Sep-16 20:26:48

Will Himself really go bananas if he comes inside?

Gatekeeper Thu 15-Sep-16 07:58:03

Yep he will, the old grouchgrin. Either that or they'll have spraying contests. Our ginger lad still marks his territory outside even though he was neutered as a young cat 🐱

Gatekeeper Thu 15-Sep-16 08:00:58

Trapped him an hour ago and vets is 8.30. Poor Nobby, he actually did a little meow at me this morning. Managed to stroke his head and his fur is really coarse. Feels like a Border Terrier!

cozietoesie Thu 15-Sep-16 08:28:25

That's partly at least his tomminess if I recall.

Good luck to the lad and let us know how he gets on.

Milzilla Thu 15-Sep-16 08:37:05

Aw yeah - get DH to build him a lovely shelter with a heat pad x

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 15-Sep-16 08:48:21

Good luck to Nobby. He's a gorgeous boy and I love his stripy tail!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 15-Sep-16 11:12:53

He does have exceptionally nice markings. It must have been really scary for him to have to fend for himself. Mine would last 5 minutes. Even flies evade him.

Gatekeeper Thu 15-Sep-16 13:08:43

All done now and he's resting in the shed. Will give him a small bowl of food in a couple of hours (poached fish) and take it from there. Vet said his testicles were HUGE, biggest she'd seen. He had a job sitting down on his bum I'd noticed.
Might have to rename him now nuts are gone smile

Gatekeeper Thu 15-Sep-16 13:14:01

We've decided to call him Moriarty 😁

cozietoesie Thu 15-Sep-16 13:33:56

It suits him. smile

Glad the procedure seems to have gone OK.

cozietoesie Thu 15-Sep-16 13:37:40

Maybe keep an eye on Himself as well? In about a couple of weeks, say, when Moriarty's hormones have subsided. They may get on better then. smile

Gatekeeper Thu 15-Sep-16 13:48:15

I'll have to rename him 'Watson' then if they make friends.

ExitPursuedBySpartacus Thu 15-Sep-16 13:52:12

Place marking.

I miss my cat.

cozietoesie Thu 15-Sep-16 13:54:22

I read an autobiography, about a year ago, where the author - a celebrated writer of his time - noted how he'd suggested The Falls episode to Doyle en passant while on a walking holiday (if I recall) as a way out of a literary difficulty.

I fear that he's stuck with Moriarty now! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now