Zara nest

(7 Posts)
iloveeverykindofcat Tue 13-Sep-16 15:04:19

She's all better! Thanks to the introduction of raw to her diet. I'm increasingly convinced raw is best, and vets are wrong to be pushing kibble.

RubbishMantra Wed 14-Sep-16 02:17:32

Can I ask, how ling was it until she took to the transition? Was it gradual? And lastly do you grind it all up yourself adding the supplements, or buy the frozen, ie. Nature's menu?

Sorry for all the questions, but have been considering a raw diet for my 2 lads.

Oh, one last Q, does she seem to enjoy the raw? (She looks v, healthy, and content in the photo)

iloveeverykindofcat Wed 14-Sep-16 05:00:24

I use the ready-prepared chunks from Nature's Menu:

www.naturesmenu.co.uk/natural-cat-food/shop-by-product/raw-cat-food

You don't need to add anything, though I add a daily Cystease tablet to Bibi's as she's prone to cystitis. Bibi took to it right away and eats it with relish (but then, she eats anything). Zara I'm still transitioning, but she eats it mixed with Thrive wet - the first day I just mixed in a couple of spoons, then 25/75, and now we're at about 50/50. Even if she stays at a 50/50 mix I'm happy with that, though obviously it would be more convenient if they ate the same. She eats it quite happily, but she's not as food-motivated as Bibi in any case.

iloveeverykindofcat Wed 14-Sep-16 06:08:49

And you must share pics of Little M eating it! I love him through the internet grin

BagelGoesWalking Wed 14-Sep-16 10:42:26

Quite a few raw feeding cat groups on FB. Don't know which are better/worse but worth having a search?

RubbishMantra Wed 14-Sep-16 16:12:46

Ah, he's feelin' the love. If you met him in person, you'd want to steal him!

He's having a bit of a whinge about the heat today.

Ta for the info on raw feeding. Might give it a go. I reckon MCat would be up for it, (used to be a prolific hunter and eater of prey before he became a townie) not so sure about LM. He brought a frog, unharmed into the house, (which fucking screamed, as he gently patted it) and a mouse, which seemed to die of fright, poor little thing.

Little M also isn't food driven, which surprised me as they have a reputation for being a greedy breed.

iloveeverykindofcat Thu 15-Sep-16 17:22:12

We both have one posh cat and one mog grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now