Talk

Advanced search

Fucking fleas - help !

(9 Posts)
Pisssssedofff Mon 12-Sep-16 17:45:46

Bought a new kitten and it's given fleas to my other cat and dog.
I've treated all with two doses of frontline 1 per month so we are 6 weeks in now, cats are still going nuts and I can see them on the now shaven dog.
Any tips ?
I e bathed the dog and we had a go and bathing the cats - I'm still bleeding !

Allergictoironing Mon 12-Sep-16 18:33:06

You need to do all the carpets, soft furnishings, curtains etc too I'm afraid sad.

Pisssssedofff Mon 12-Sep-16 18:47:39

I've thrown half of them away already and am boiling the bedding daily. I can't believe my bad luck. Found one in my tea today 😩

Allergictoironing Mon 12-Sep-16 18:55:18

You probably have the Frontline-resistant strain of fleas then. I gather Advantage and Advocate are working OK but Frontline often has no impact on them sad.

EwanWhosearmy Mon 12-Sep-16 18:57:59

We are having a running battle with fleas too sad. We have treated all animals, vacuumed and sprayed the rooms and still keep finding them.

I will say that Frontline isn't recommended now and you need either Advantage or Advocate. Horrible, isn't it.

Pisssssedofff Mon 12-Sep-16 19:03:20

Is it ok to put advantage straight on or shall I wait the month out do you think ??

LifeOfBriony Mon 12-Sep-16 19:05:43

We are having the same problem. Used Frontline and Frontline Plus and the cats still have fleas. I combed both cats with a nit comb yesterday and caught loads sad

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 12-Sep-16 19:07:36

Ring the vet. You need a tin of indorex really too for the eggs and larvae in the house.

Follow the pack instructions because it's toxic stuff and you don't want to poison the Pets.

LifeOfBriony Mon 12-Sep-16 19:08:48

I thought you had to get a prescription for Advantage. Or is that just Advocate?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now