Talk

Advanced search

They needed to research this?!!

(10 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Mon 12-Sep-16 11:44:01

Article in Saturday's times about breathing problems in Persians. They should have moved in with me and tried to sleep with the chorus of snoring and other respiratory noises. And that's post nose widening surgery! They could have saved a lot of time and effort!

thecatneuterer Mon 12-Sep-16 12:03:08

Well yes, it's hardly news. Yet another reason I'm against breeding.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 12-Sep-16 12:14:05

Yes I completely agree. Mine are rescues. Id never buy from a breeder. Poor things.

RubbishMantra Mon 12-Sep-16 12:31:01

In my younger days, I may have been out of my head on hallucinogenic drugs, I saw an ultra-face Persian. I thought the poor thing had no face!

It's so sad they need operations to be able to do something as basic as breathing.

Thank goodness they had you to rescue them Toddler.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 12-Sep-16 12:43:20

One o mine has had surgery to widen her nose: I couldn't bear watching and listening to her struggling. And was worried about the strain on her heart. The difference was instant and amazing. She's a different cat. Still snores but can cope with colds without a trip to the vets.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 12-Sep-16 12:44:31

She was only five at the time and the thought of another ten years of that was unthinkable.

cozietoesie Mon 12-Sep-16 12:49:05

Flat faced Persians are one of the breeds I wouldn't buy. Too much potential for a whole range of inherited abnormalities. It's a breeder choice to breed them in this way and people being prepared to buy them just perpetuates the problems.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 12-Sep-16 13:45:30

Yes it makes me sad when I see posts on Facebook of the 'ultra' faced Persians. They look cute but to breed deliberately is cruel.

cozietoesie Mon 12-Sep-16 14:56:52

They should read this. As should the breeders.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 12-Sep-16 15:18:20

I've never cleaned my cats backsides!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now