Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dreamies

(14 Posts)
Rachcakes Sat 10-Sep-16 18:41:08

So I think Ozzy is doing really well. He's coming out to play, still taking himself off to hidey holes a lot but generally out and about in the kitchen and living room.
My only worry is he isn't eating much. I know it's early days still - he's only been with us about 48 hours, but I'm a bit worried as he is so little.
He hasn't touched the wet or dry food that he left his mum with. He will, however, nibble on Dreamies.
I think of them as a treat to have the odd one, but his main dinner to be his wet and dry food.
Thoughts? I really want him off to a good start.

thecatneuterer Sat 10-Sep-16 19:05:20

Well Dreamies aren't great as a staple, but if it's all he will eat today then it's better than nothing I would say (but watch out for diarrhoea).

You're doing well if he eats anything at all in the first couple of days in a new place. Cats often don't. How old is he?

Rachcakes Sat 10-Sep-16 19:13:31

He's nine weeks. He's not drinking water either but he did have a bit of kitten milk last night and did a wee and a poo in his tray. But nothing today (except about 6 dreamies).
It's time for his milk now, so when he wakes up I'll see if I can tempt him.

RubbishMantra Sat 10-Sep-16 20:18:48

Try him on some tuna in spring water (not the one in brine or oil). Or poach a chicken breast for him.

Have you tried sprinkling a few Dreamies on his food?

Rachcakes Sat 10-Sep-16 20:47:13

I considered giving him a bit of the chicken we had for tea but I was worried about upsetting his tum.
Good idea putting Dreamies on his food. I'll try that tomorrow.
He had a good drink of milk, so at least he's had something.

user1480095224 Fri 25-Nov-16 17:44:42

Dreamies? Here's something interesting. I believe catnip might be an ingredient. Catnip contains a substance called nepetalone. (The Latin name for the garden plant that cats love to roll in is called Nepeta - see the link?) Cats older than 10 weeks can't resist nepetalone - it has no effect on kittens younger than this. Both my daughter and I own two cats each - an older one and and a kitten 9 weeks old (brother and sister) and the previous statements is true for these cats. Nepetalone is related to the marijuana plant. When my usually reticent cat even hear the Dreamies plastic bag crackle, it comes running. After eating as many as it can cadge, it sits staring into space for a while - exactly the reaction of my daughter's cat. Is there something about Dreamies we're not being told?

PenguinsandPebbles Fri 25-Nov-16 17:47:48

Mine go nuts after dreamies

Left a bag on a table and when I returned the entire bag had been consumed, I had three hyperactive cats on my hands.

They went bonkers and one hardly ever moves

cozietoesie Fri 25-Nov-16 17:57:22

Seniorboy dislikes them.

TroysMammy Fri 25-Nov-16 19:05:52

Troy threw up a massive amount of sick after 5 Dreamies. I never gave them to him again. When he was ill he went mental for Lick-e-lix, chicken, fish and yogurt flavours.

newbieho Fri 25-Nov-16 19:10:38

My cats have got massive projectile vomit and diarrhoea after one dreamies. How about a bit of tuna? Or boiled chicken?

cozietoesie Fri 25-Nov-16 19:44:01

Now Lick E Lix.......... smile

cozietoesie Fri 25-Nov-16 19:44:22

Which reminds me..........

MrsNuckyThompson Fri 25-Nov-16 19:46:18

I wouldn't give him this even if he likes it. When mine were 9 weeks (that was 9 years ago!) I couldn't get them to eat their regular food, tried a treat and it really upset their tiny sensitive tummies.

The vet recommended boiled chicken or fish. I bought some cheap as chips fish in the supermarket and poached in milk. Much better for them, v gentle and they'll love it.

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 25-Nov-16 20:42:02

Try a bit of chicken. The cat salami sold in Lidl and Aldi go down well here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now