Flea treatment for a 4 month old kitten

(6 Posts)
QuestionableMouse Wed 07-Sep-16 10:55:50

I've been to the vet who wanted to use front line. I declined because it doesn't work well now. Vet got a bit huffy and said it was my only choice. Is it, or are there other things I can use?

(House is being treated with indorex and hoovered daily.)

Thanks!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 07-Sep-16 11:31:10

I'd go to a different vet, there's lots of flea treatments available.

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 07-Sep-16 11:43:14

At 4 months there is a bid range of flea treatments that are safe.

LauraCRyan Wed 07-Sep-16 11:48:28

Frontline does work however not for everyone, if it's worked so far continue with it, if your cat has flea it will take a month (best case scenario) to get rid of them if you're treating cat and house (boil washing furnishing and useing the sprays), this is because no product kills the eggs of prevents fleas from reproducing so you're waiting for them to hatch and die off.

The alternatives to frontline are advantage and advocate but you'll need to know your cats weight for those. Don't go for anything cheaper as they wont work.

If your cat has fleas they get worms automatically from the fleas so make sure your cats worming is up to date.

QuestionableMouse Fri 09-Sep-16 00:10:53

I've ordered some of this for her:

www.amazon.co.uk/Advantage-Spot--Solution-Small-Rabbits/dp/B0052RQVPO/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1473375675&sr=1-1&keywords=kitten+wormer#Ask

AmberNectarine Fri 09-Sep-16 00:15:15

I use advocate on mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now