So PuffinCat just used the litter tray...

(13 Posts)
Puffinity Tue 30-Aug-16 14:49:46

...and then couldn't find her way out. FML...

FuzzyWizard Tue 30-Aug-16 14:53:33

grin

cozietoesie Tue 30-Aug-16 15:00:58

How?? grin

Puffinity Tue 30-Aug-16 15:20:44

She was pawing at the side like mad, until it moved and she realised that was the door. The door is transparent and the side isn't. DH is somewhat disappointed in PuffinCat's intellectual abilities...

Puffinity Tue 30-Aug-16 15:21:32

*until she got to the bit that moved

cozietoesie Tue 30-Aug-16 16:36:24

How long has she been using it for..?

Puffinity Tue 30-Aug-16 16:52:03

We got the tray before we picked her up a week ago yesterday. I think she's fine, just having a dim moment smile

freetrampolineforall Tue 30-Aug-16 16:55:41

We just took the door off ours.

cozietoesie Tue 30-Aug-16 17:12:53

I take it that while being a darling, she's not an ........exceptionally bright cat? smile

Puffinity Tue 30-Aug-16 17:22:47

cozie my protective side is telling me to tell you not to insult my PuffinCat, my rational side is telling me you're probably right smile. I really love her though, she's such a sweetie!

Re: taking the door off: one of the main criticisms of the tray we got is that the door falls off after a few weeks. Good to know that's not actually a problem then smile.

RubbishMantra Tue 30-Aug-16 17:26:27

I dunno, Cozie - I've always removed the flappy transparent door until my kittens were about 9 months. Same with the cat-flap, I had to Blu-Tak it open until Little M got used to it.

freetrampolineforall Tue 30-Aug-16 17:28:56

We said goodbye to the door early on - I vaguely remember gaffer taping it further up so there was the pretence of a door but we have up. A litter mat in front of it is a good idea.
Our old lady died over a year ago. Eventually we got a kitten who had no problem with the swing door. Until I did some rare hoovering while she was about her business. It freaked her out so much she associates hooded trays with noise, trauma and many bad things. We have a lipped tray and it works sort of ok.

cozietoesie Tue 30-Aug-16 17:41:23

Ah well. Everyone can have 'moments'. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now