Talk

Advanced search

Post-holiday cat smell - and house going on market!! :-(

(12 Posts)
Puzzledandpissedoff Sun 28-Aug-16 21:41:22

Oh god ... I've just got back from holiday to an AWFUL smell of cat pee in the house. I had proper cat sitters in, but my two obviously didn't like being made to stay inside and while they poo'd in their litter tray they've pee'd god knows where

Worst of all the house is due to go on the market this week; I'd intended to go over all the carpets with a Rug Doctor anyway, but there's no way I can now tell where they've pee'd and I'm afraid of missing some of it

Please does anyone have any ideas??

Hastalapasta Sun 28-Aug-16 21:56:01

When you pick up the rug Dr get their urine eliminating spray, it works!

Puzzledandpissedoff Sun 28-Aug-16 21:58:54

Thanks, Hasta - I noticed they do that particular product, and it's good to know it works. As I say, though, I don't know where the pee actually is, now that it's dried. Do I just spray the stuff over all the carpet or something?

LateToTheParty Sun 28-Aug-16 22:10:26

A UV torch will help you find dried patches of urine. We got ours for a couple of pounds from eBay.

Puzzledandpissedoff Sun 28-Aug-16 22:23:23

Brilliant idea, Late ... I didn't know they could be used for this, but I've just ordered one smile

LateToTheParty Mon 29-Aug-16 10:05:46

Great, hope you find it useful. I have personal experience of using one- cat objected to Christmas & had a wee under the tree!

roseteapot101 Mon 29-Aug-16 10:29:53

i heard a UV light works and get a urine eliminator spray .Then to cover the smell of cats when the carpets have been washed dried.

get neutradol green sprinkle all over carpets let sit for 30mins then vacuum it makes the whole house smell fresh

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 29-Aug-16 10:37:22

along with the uv torch you need cat buster it's amazing stuff.

Puzzledandpissedoff Mon 29-Aug-16 11:23:15

Thanks, everyone - this is really kind of you all smile

roseteapot do you happen to know where I can get that Neutradol green "sprinkle" in store? I've googled and all I can find is online orders - and I need it now!!

Puzzledandpissedoff Mon 29-Aug-16 11:28:00

Ignore me, roseteapot - I've just seen that Wilkos do it. Am on the way there now, if I can find the place through the jetlag grin

roseteapot101 Mon 29-Aug-16 11:32:47

i think poundland or bm bargins cant remember but good stuff if you have someone visiting makes the whole house smell fresh

just remember to use anti pee spray first,clean carpets first then use that once place is dried

it should get rid of smell of cat i know us cat owners cant smell them but visitors may do

Puzzledandpissedoff Tue 30-Aug-16 23:24:58

Just wanted to say an enormous "thank you" for the suggestion about the UV light thing - it came today and I'm amazed; I honestly can't believe anything could be so effective

So now I'm going to soak the disclosed areas in urine eliminator spray ... then Rug Doctor everywhere ... then for good measure use the Neutradol sprinkle when it's all dry again

I WILL get this sorted, and now I can, thanks to you all flowers flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now