Talk

Advanced search

Tell me that 4 cats in a tiny house is too many.

(6 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sun 28-Aug-16 15:40:10

Very tempted by two shorthair Persians who have been in rescue for ages. Very traumatised apparently. And need a quiet home. However not sure how my two princesses would take to it. They have been on with cats I've briefly fostered though. They already cost me a fortune! Talk me out of it.

JenLindleyShitMom Sun 28-Aug-16 15:42:22

Don't do it. Traumatised cats need peace and non intimidating environments. Other cats will be territorial. They'll piss everywhere to mark their territory. That's 4 cats pissing in a tiny house. Never mind whatever other issues the rescues will have or develop. Don't do it.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 28-Aug-16 15:51:19

Thanks. That's what I need to hear. My two have been traumatised and it's taken a long time for them to settle and gain confidence.

JenLindleyShitMom Sun 28-Aug-16 15:59:40

Ahh even more reason not to then. I would accept that you are a catmum of two and just give them your full attention/wage grin

Mine are two and four and I've had them both from 8 weeks old. It took the 4 year old almost the full two years to accept little cat in her house. She still only tolerates him from a distance. Little cats pisses by my front door almost daily because he won't go in a litter tray with even just one pee in it. I have to change them completely several times a day. I dread coming home from work if he has been in the house all day as I know he will have peed by the door.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 28-Aug-16 16:11:12

Yes yes to the whole wage!! I must admit they are rather spoiled! They are used to other cats and had no issues with a foster cat that refused to stay in the spare room, and with me cuddling a foster cat on their sofa hence why I thought they'd be ok.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 28-Aug-16 20:05:26

Got to go the the rescue tomorrow anyway to drop some cats off that they've asked me to collect. So will have to avoid the cattery then. sad(and continue with my fiendish plot to catnap one of th owners many cats, who I've been trying to run off with for a whilesmilegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now