Talk

Advanced search

My cat is sulking because:

(27 Posts)
WeirdAndPissedOff Sun 28-Aug-16 14:32:19

Beastie cat is very upset with me this morning because I've spoiled her new game. again
This one consisted of flinging a dead mouse into the air and catching it again - right underneath the washing line. After narrowly missing clothing several times, and almost landing the mouse in a pocket I took it away from her. Cue the look of heartbroken betrayal, and a whole morning of sulking. (Just like a teenager!)

Does anyone else "spoil" their cat's fun? Or have a cat sulking over something that seems perfectly reasonable to us?

Allergictoironing Sun 28-Aug-16 15:17:46

Boycat gets very upset & sulky when I try to stop him using my voile curtains as toys - they are on one of those slightly springy cord things and he grabs the bottom & sort of bounces with them like a bungy cord.

I've owned them around 18 years with not a mark on them, the bottoms are all pulled and tatty now grin.

Unlockable Sun 28-Aug-16 15:19:03

My daughters cat is sulking because dd is playing in the park opposite and won't come home. Cat is guarding her as always but now really wants her home so is crying at her and trying to round her up.

chopchopchop Sun 28-Aug-16 15:21:05

My cat is still sulking because we had a child. DD is now 9. Other cat relented about 18 months back, when she realised that DD had more time to stroke her than the grownups did. But not her sister, oh no.

YesItsMeIDontCare Sun 28-Aug-16 15:23:26

Leroy is sulking because I won't throw "Mousie" for him to chase.

I won't throw "Mousie" because he's lying on it.

cozietoesie Sun 28-Aug-16 15:24:11

Only if I give food they don't like when I get - from Seniorboy - a 'WTF is she playing at?' look. I don't interrupt hunting, ever. That's cat business and outwith my purview.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 28-Aug-16 15:25:04

Puccini is currently pissed off as there's a fly he can't catch!

GinAndTunic Sun 28-Aug-16 15:26:54

My cat sulks if I won't pet him while he's eating. Or if he's sleeping with me and I have the temerity to move. Or if it's cold outside. Or grey and rainy. Or too hot. Or if he doesn't want a particular flavour of cat food. Or if the wind is blowing from the west. Or the month has an R in it.

Arfarfanarf Sun 28-Aug-16 15:27:34

We get into trouble all the time for that.

once we took the dead mouse she had and disposed of it when she wasn't looking then made big lip smacking and chewing noises.

Have you ever seen a look of outrage and disbelief on a cat's face?

I have.

tireddotcom72 Sun 28-Aug-16 15:27:39

One cat sulking because I hoovered when she tried to sleep other cat sulking because I wouldn't let her have the roast chicken I cooked for lunch.

OTheHugeManatee Sun 28-Aug-16 15:28:04

Girl cat is sulking because we got Waitrose sliced ham for lunchtime cat snacks and not Waitrose sliced chicken.

cozietoesie Sun 28-Aug-16 15:28:29

....Or the month has an R in it.....

grin

Arfarfanarf Sun 28-Aug-16 15:29:48

rain is also my fault.
as is wind

it's also outrageous of me to not know which flavour of food she fancies at any given time, judging by how she gives me the death glare and stalks off if I get it wrong.

and my job is to sit up in bed at 3am and cuddle her dry when she's gone out in the rain again.

What's most ridiculous of all is that I do it.

LemonRedwood Sun 28-Aug-16 15:30:52

I had the temerity to cough while I was the chosen one his highness was asleep on my lap. The resultant jiggle moved him a tiny fraction of a millimetre from his position. I am now being glared at from the opposite end of the sofa.

YesItsMeIDontCare Sun 28-Aug-16 15:32:22

Ooh Gin - mine does that! I put his food down and he goes to eat it... but if I don't give him a good skoosh he stops, sits down, looks up at me in utter bewilderment and won't eat until the skoosh has been done. Sometimes if he's hungry he sits by his already down biscuits and waits for the skoosh before eating. confused

QforCucumber Sun 28-Aug-16 15:34:19

QBoy is currently in a mood because he can't go outside - he has a swollen eye from a disagreement with the new neighbours cat. QGirl is on her scratching post on the landing protesting loudly as she's just discovered today that there's a whole new world in the loft and she's not allowed in it (dp was up there and she managed to climb the ladders and get in with him!!)

carameldecaflatte Sun 28-Aug-16 15:44:19

Girlcat is sulking because her bits of raw chicken are too cold and I have refused to warm them up. Boycat is sulking because he isn't allowed to eat Girlcat's bits of chicken.

Puffinity Sun 28-Aug-16 20:24:25

PuffinCat was sulking because I fed her, cuddled her, played with her, let her attack me and got scratched by her. I'm clearly a v v bad cat slave hmm

otter2954 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:49:15

Bloody hell manatee, that's one indulged puss you have there! Waitrose chicken? the manatee cat eats better than me grin

Lillagroda Sun 28-Aug-16 20:53:17

Sneezing during lap time is unreasonable human behaviour and results in lengthy sulks.

I have hay fever. Tough.

Could be worse. I could have a cat allergy. Get a grip, fuzzball.

allypally1983 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:55:03

Henry is sulking because I put 'spot on' on him this morning. What a bitch for not wanting a house full of fleas!!

SaggyNaggy Sun 28-Aug-16 21:01:09

SaggyCat is sulking because I won't spin him on the computer chair until he's dizzy.
He jumps on the chair, meows, I say no, he meows, I say no, he jumps down and sharpens his claws on the sofa arm... Git.... grin

Moonrocks6 Sun 28-Aug-16 21:01:54

My is infuriated because she was on my knee and the baby kicked her. The baby isn't due for another three weeks grin

PhoenixJasmine Sun 28-Aug-16 21:04:15

Cat1 is sulking because I had the temerity to attempt to groom her- she was head butting the grooming tool, I assumed that was what she was requesting! Stupid human, clearly.

Cat2 is sulking because he's not on the sofa with me and Cat1. He can't jump up himself. I lifted him up, but he jumped down again, and is not accepting that my sole purpose in life is not to lift him up wherever/whenever he demands. Also, he was head butting and nuzzling the dog, dog took this as making friends, so licked his head in return. Cat2 promptly catslapped dog across the nose. So now dog is sulking too! She won't sulk for long though. She'll forget and lick his head again within half an hour grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 28-Aug-16 21:54:09

Ours is sulking because we called curfew at 21:10.

He is looking very bored.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now