Talk

Advanced search

Kitten turned up out of nowhere.

(11 Posts)
123therearenomoreusernames Mon 22-Aug-16 22:45:42

Can anyone advise what I should do?
I can't keep as have two of my own. Its quite young about 9 weeks.

DM has taken him for the night. We have fed. She didn't seem to know what water was but has lapped up a bowl of milk.

Will put up posters and check if chipped. Can DM keep if no owner found?

She is very very cute!

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Mon 22-Aug-16 22:46:54

Er, you've been adopted.

Don't fight it. Accept your fate.

What are you going to call her??

FetchezLaVache Mon 22-Aug-16 22:47:56

We need pictures! Because, erm, it might belong to one of us?

AmberNectarine Mon 22-Aug-16 22:53:56

If she's in London and unclaimed, I'll have her!

Potentialmadcatlady Mon 22-Aug-16 22:57:23

I'm not an expert but I don't think milk is good for cats/kittens... Do u have tin of tuna or some egg? Until you can get some kitten/cat food

PovertyPain Mon 22-Aug-16 22:57:37

Cows milk isn't good for cats. Would your dm be able to nip out to a 24hr tesco and get some 'cat milk'? Poor wee thing will need fed every couple if hours, if very young. sad

123therearenomoreusernames Mon 22-Aug-16 22:58:01

Its just about six months since DM had to have her's PTS so its obviously her reincarnated grin

Seriously though I would be worried somewhere is crying themselves to sleep. Sorry didn't get a picture as my two were none too friendly.

PovertyPain Mon 22-Aug-16 22:58:49

She can go to a pet shop tomorrow and get a cat milk substitute that will help build it up.

123therearenomoreusernames Mon 22-Aug-16 23:00:28

We know about the cows milk but at the rate she drank it she has definitely had it before. No Tesco's within 20 mile. We did give it cat food but it wasn't kitten food.

cozietoesie Mon 22-Aug-16 23:11:05

They often love milk so will drain a bowl if they can. Unfortunately, it doesn't always love them. Be prepared for some diarrhoea. (And adult cat food will do fine at a pinch.)

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 23-Aug-16 07:35:43

If it's really young like you say then it'll still be able to digest a bit of milk. Who the hell lets a young kitten out though?

I think you have to report it found and after seven days it's yours if no one comes forward.

I'd be very vague, "kitten found, tel number" and expect at least 200 photos as proof of ownership.

It's probably staying though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now