Cat peeing everywhere

(9 Posts)
CraftyGirly90 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:44:30

My cat keeps peeing on my clean clothes that I have put to one side ready to iron. We clean his litter tray every other day when it needs changing but he keeps doing it. I cant seem to get the clothes ironed and put away quick enough before he pees on it all. Does anyone have any tips on how to stop this happening? I cannot keep recleaning my washing every day

TroysMammy Thu 18-Aug-16 17:21:41

Clean his litter tray daily and put your unironed laundry in a lidded basket or put it in a room and shut the door.

TroysMammy Thu 18-Aug-16 17:22:01

And take him to the vets.

FuzzyWizard Thu 18-Aug-16 17:43:54

Do you have small children or other pets? Is his litter tray somewhere where he won't be bothered by another animal or a child? Add another litter tray in the room where he's peeing on the washing as it could be that that is a place he feels less vulnerable doing his business. Every other day doesn't sound that often for cleaning the litter tray although if he spends a lot of time outside that could be plenty often enough I suppose.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:58:32

Vets. Sounds like a urine infection needs to be ruled out. They can appear perfectly healthy with those.

Hopefullyoneday1 Mon 22-Aug-16 14:42:34

Mine suffers from bladder stones and cystitis. There is the rare occasion where she cant make it to the litter tray and will pee where she stands, but that only happens if she is having a flare up. She has two litter trays and i clean them out daily. I would though take him to the vet to rule our urinary problems

cozietoesie Mon 22-Aug-16 14:46:47

And maybe best to get a second tray for him as well. Some cats are very fussy about toileting. (My own old lad has two trays and uses both as the fancy takes him.)

freetrampolineforall Mon 22-Aug-16 14:47:48

Check with vet for health stuff first. If not physical health related It might be territorial. Has something changed recently that might affect the cat? Put another litter tray down in the area where the cat pees as a temporary measure till you sort it out. You can always move it later.

NarcyCow Mon 22-Aug-16 14:57:07

- vet
- try different litter, they're fussy
- put out another litter tray

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now