Talk

Advanced search

I met the most beautiful one eared ginger ragdoll today

(14 Posts)
KittensWithWeapons Mon 15-Aug-16 00:01:16

The guys who own our favourite petshop are avid animal rescuers, they have several rescue dogs and cats and almost always have fosters. They regularly bring their pets to work with them. Today they had their latest rescue with them. He's a gorgeous ginger ragdoll. His previous owners used to show him, then their dog attacked him, bit him very badly in several places, and also bit his ear off. He's still covered in bald patches from the surgeries. But oh my God, what a Sweetheart. Despite the awfulness that he's been through, he's still a lovely, affectionate, cuddly little furball. When he lost his ear the previous owners discarded him, as he was no longer of show 'quality'. Fuckers. When we were at the counter paying for our usual giant sack bag of cat food, he cuddled the crap out of me.

Er, this is a pointless post grin but cuddling this lovely boy made me so happy I wanted to share it. Also made me want to bring home another rescue kitty, but DP is adamant that 3 is enough. He's right in fairness.

RubbishMantra Mon 15-Aug-16 01:53:34

What arseholes, discarding a cat because he's not of "show quality". I've a pedigree, but no way would he make "show quality". He's a Devon Rex, ears set too high on his head, and has the massive, bushy tail of a Persian. And I luffs him, because, well, I just love my little clown. I bought him as a companion, not for his "showability".

I suppose it highlights the reasons some "people" obtain pets.

Shame on those people who discarded him.

Nice that you have a caring pet shop.

Adopt him! you know you want to! Sure you can talk DH round wink.

And Ragdolls are such mellow cats.

KittensWithWeapons Mon 15-Aug-16 02:14:50

Rubbish, our pet shop boys grin are amazing. They take in so many waifs, strays, and rescues. Your boy sounds gorgeous, perhaps you might give us a pic of him wink.

Ragdoll has been taken in by the pet shop boys. I'd happily welcome another. Our local rescue has a wee girl with cerebellar hypoplasia, nobody wants her. So it's my duty, right?

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Aug-16 07:16:35

Yep it's your duty. Poor ragdoll being attacked like that. I bet they kept the dog though.

TimeIhadaNameChange Mon 15-Aug-16 12:18:38

You have to adopt the CH kitty! I know a few people on FB who have CH cats and they are utterly adorable.

DH will say yes, I'm sure of it!

RubbishMantra Mon 15-Aug-16 19:01:48

Here we go Kittens, I can never resist a chance to show off Little M's curly gorgeousness. And there's a picture of him as a kitten with his equally beautiful step brother, a Domestic Short Hair, (moggy). smile

So the pet shop owners adopted one eared Ragdoll? Good to know there are some good people in the pet business.

RubbishMantra Mon 15-Aug-16 19:17:20

* pet selling business I should've said.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 15-Aug-16 19:42:23

Did you have to post those pictures Mantra?! I'd just got over my longing for a Devon Rex from last time!

RubbishMantra Mon 15-Aug-16 20:49:11

I'm just his minion, Pink. They're probably plotting to take over the world with a sort of cuteness coup. So they can own all of the pieces of scrunched up paper. grin

I've spent a flipping fortune on attachments for his Flying Frenzy, but oh no, his favourite is a ball of scrunched up paper attached to it. confused

chocdonutyy Mon 15-Aug-16 21:00:28

I'm a suckered for a sob story too!
Molly was dumped at the pet shop.
Olly's so called owner just wanted rid, he was 4 weeks old
Ed was from a a litter from rescued pregnant cat.
I almost took in a cat that was at the rescue center as his owner died in a crash on Xmas eve and another because it's owners were emigrating, so tempted and I was only collecting an eBay item and got talking to the owner, I hope both cats found a good home,
If you have the space and funds then go for it!

RubbishMantra Mon 15-Aug-16 23:55:03

choc, that's so sad, a 4 week kitten dumped! Thank Christ he found you as his guardian. I expect you had to bottle feed him every few hours? flowers

Re. emigrating cat's owners, why couldn't they take kitty with them? Sore subject for me, as I live in an area where there are a lot of armed services from abroad. So when they move, they just leave their pets behind.

One of my (dearly departed) cats was left by such people. I took him in, because he sat crying outside our house. When neighbours returned a few days later to collect the rest of their bits, I told them I was looking after their cat. No, we don't want him, they said. He was only 3 months old. They were just going to leave him. When I enquired what his name was, they said they'd named him retard. sad he was the sweetest natured cat ever. I remember that first night, he didn't stop paddling his (huge) paws in happiness, even on the wood floor. Poor little lad got run over when he was 3.

How about a photograph of Olly, the 4 week beastie that I'm sure he's grown into under your care?

chocdonutyy Thu 18-Aug-16 07:50:44

I'm not sure how old he is here but can't have been long after we got him and one last week, he's a daft sod at times, loves to be picked up for a cuddle and has a toy polar bear he carries round the flat randomly!
I also rescued a cat from a supermarket before I had ollie, think he was dumped as he was so thin and unkempt and he kept wandering into the store. He had no chip/collar and I took him in, I did really try to find the owners but no luck so he stayed with me ☺.
I fed him up and spend several nights pulling all the sticky burr things from his belly, think he quite enjoyed it!
Unfortunately he only lasted 9 months but I like to think I made them a lot better for him.
Ps I called him morris, can you tell which shop he enjoyed wandering into?!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 18-Aug-16 15:46:44

Rubbish, I want to catnap Little M, he is gorgeous!! My rescue Persians are probably of show quality. But spent the first five years of their life being bred from and living in a chicken coop cattery. They have no idea how to be cats. And had never been loved properly. It makes me so cross that professional breeders can treat cats that way.

Potentialmadcatlady Thu 18-Aug-16 18:55:00

Rubbish... I can't wait to show you pictures of my DR with her soon to be moggie sister- she looks just like your black and white and has half a moustache too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now