Do cats know?

(15 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Thu 11-Aug-16 17:15:07

Kittens are off for the snip tomorrow. Carrier isn't out, no obvious signs to them that they are off to the vets, yet both haven't touched their food since last night and one has been sick

Can they sense or are they just poorly sad

LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 17:33:50

Oh, they know... grin

Missgraeme Thu 11-Aug-16 17:38:54

They heard u on the phone booking the appointment and have been plotting their escape ever since.

TobleroneBoo Thu 11-Aug-16 17:43:52

Ohhh sad thing is I have to not feed them after a certain time tonight, so if they don't eat now they don't eat til tomorrow afternoon!

They think they are starving when I am 10 minutes late with their dinner as it is, they won't know what's hit them if they go that long without food!

Havingkittens04 Thu 11-Aug-16 17:47:58

My cats go off their food and snub us just before we go away on holiday, even when the suitcases haven't come out yet. Yes, I think they are very intuitive wink

I'm sure they'll come round within a day or 2 and be back to their usual selves flowers

TobleroneBoo Thu 11-Aug-16 17:49:50

I hope so, they are desperate to go outside but we haven't let them yet

The need to see the bigger picture really<huffs>

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Thu 11-Aug-16 17:53:20

Did they see the carry case.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Thu 11-Aug-16 17:54:12

Oh sorry, just read your OP again.

kimlo Thu 11-Aug-16 18:06:03

Mine couldnt eat after nine, they kept telling me they were starving. They shouted at me when they didnt get their dreamies for supper and shouted from the second I got up until I went to work that I hadnt given them any breakfast.

Then they weren't picked up until 6 and hadnt had anything to eat in all that time.

It took them a while to forgive me.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 12-Aug-16 08:17:51

I must have the only cats who don't care about food. When one has to be fasted for theatre they both do. Thought it'd be a nightmare the first time but they didn't bat an eyelid. They never complain if their bowl is empty.

TroysMammy Fri 12-Aug-16 16:53:44

What you must do is get someone other than yourself to pick them up from the vets. That way they will not hate you because when they get home you can coo and fuss over them and they won't think you are the big bad wolf.

When my 2 had the snip and microchip at the same time the vet said to give them chicken afterwards. They never liked cooked chicken after that as they associated it with sore balls.

TobleroneBoo Wed 17-Aug-16 07:49:55

Just following on from this, there was quite a weight difference between the two. Smallest one has been very subdued since yesterday then was very sick and is ignoring food. We are taking him to be checked tonight but I am so worried sad

cozietoesie Wed 17-Aug-16 09:27:17

Fingers crossed. Let us know how he gets on.

TobleroneBoo Wed 17-Aug-16 21:06:58

Thanks Cozie, he's had to kept in on a drip though sad

TobleroneBoo Wed 17-Aug-16 21:07:27

Thanks Cozie, he's had to kept in on a drip though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now