Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to spray my face with dettol?

(21 Posts)
LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 11:37:08

His highness has a cold. He's sniffling and sneezing and wants lots of snuggles. I was happy to oblige until he sneezed right in my face. Bleurgh! It wouldn't be unreasonable just to liberally spray my face with dettol - eyes shut of course - to counteract his snotty kitty germs, would it?

I have now turfed him off onto his blanket in disgust and this is his "Poor meeee, I'm soooo ill" pose. All the males in my house do this when they have a cold grin

Toddlerteaplease Thu 11-Aug-16 11:44:38

YABU. He loves you and only wants to share his germs with you, since you are his devoted slave you should accept them graciously. grin

Toddlerteaplease Thu 11-Aug-16 11:44:59

Ps he is gorgeous!

LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 11:51:36

Oh, he is gorgeous, and he uses that fact to his full advantage!

MuggaTea Thu 11-Aug-16 13:41:05

ah.... cat snot facial....

had many of those. He's even sneezed in my dinner sad

SnugglySnerd Thu 11-Aug-16 13:42:02

My cat has the sneezes too. It is revolting. YANBU.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 11-Aug-16 13:42:03

Gorgeous cat, I love grey catssmile

cozietoesie Thu 11-Aug-16 13:46:12

Wipe your face with a tissue and also check to see if he has a runny nose - and gently wipe that if so.

That should do the job. smile

LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 13:56:04

His nose and eyes are clear, not runny at all, so I don't suspect any respiratory infection smile

I am secretly enjoying that he looks simultaneously surprised and offended every time he sneezes though blush

cozietoesie Thu 11-Aug-16 14:00:34

I'm assuming that he already has all his shots?

I'd just wipe your face if you think that droplets have landed. (And keep a weather eye on his nose.) smile

LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 14:11:04

Thanks cozie, yes he's all up to date.

I have wiped and washed my face (I didn't really wait this long smile)

NarcyCow Thu 11-Aug-16 14:15:09

Just rub your face in his lovely soft fur, that'll sort you out : )

cozietoesie Thu 11-Aug-16 14:17:23

That's true. smile

Toddlerteaplease Thu 11-Aug-16 14:37:58

Mine are both quite sneezy and like to wipe their eye snot on me as well.

LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 16:20:35

Apparently, I am not allowed to have a bath in peace either. This is his disapproving look and then him saying, "Why did you leave me sleeping on the sofa? I could have DIED!"

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 11-Aug-16 18:47:58

Oh that is one seriously unimpressed cat.

I wonder if they care about our feelings when they bugger off for three hours and your Dh goes out three times looking for them then they appear in the vestibule while your Dh tells you he can't find them?

Toddlerteaplease Thu 11-Aug-16 19:03:04

Actually I think he's laughing at you.

LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 19:11:23

I was trying not to think that Toddler as I was in the bath! (Don't usually take a camera into the bath but had my iPad for Netflix)

LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 19:16:05

Fluffy that sounds exactly like his Highness. DH was out looking for him at 4am a few weeks ago and he strikes strolled in through the flap just minutes after DH walked out the front door, without his phone so I couldn't let him know! Was over half an hour before he came back, ready to give me bad news, only to find the little delinquent curled up on his side of the bed grin

LemonRedwood Thu 11-Aug-16 19:16:44

Strikes? No idea where that came from

RubbishMantra Thu 11-Aug-16 19:28:59

Apparently if a cat sneezes on you, it's good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now