Talk

Advanced search

Pooing in bath

(7 Posts)
Outnumbrd Mon 08-Aug-16 17:31:35

My gorgeous cat poos in the bath! It's his favourite place. It's completely gross but very easy to clean! I've googled this and seen suggestions of leaving an inch of water in the bath etc. to deter them, but then I think he may just do it on the carpet which would be worse! When I've locked him outside, I've seen he poos on the patio sometimes so not always bothered about covering it like cats should. Any suggestions?

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 08-Aug-16 18:06:22

Well it's washable at least.

Heirhelp Mon 08-Aug-16 18:10:52

Cats often poo and pee in the bathroom. I have read that it is because they smell you poo and pee and therefore think they can go there. If you don't want it to happen then keep the bathroom door shut.

Outnumbrd Mon 08-Aug-16 18:22:46

When I've had a litter tray for him he always managed to miss it! Hence why he doesn't have one now. Any recommendations for a good tray? He is enourmous, like a lion! Not fat but big paws etc. !

Toddlerteaplease Mon 08-Aug-16 18:52:55

My parents cat did this when they first got him. Solved by shutting him out of the bathroom.

Heirhelp Mon 08-Aug-16 20:37:47

We got and extra large cat tray from pets at home. Our big cat was pooing outside his litter tray then we watched him and saw that his whole body was in the tray but his butt qaa hanging over the end of the tray. A bigger tray worked.

Outnumbrd Tue 09-Aug-16 16:38:23

Yes i think that's what he does, sits in the tray with bum hanging over. I'll try an extra large one. I read somewhere that cats poo in the house if they are distressed. But he does it often and seems to have a happy lazy life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now