Talk

Advanced search

Changes in my cats behaviour

(5 Posts)
DannyOD Thu 04-Aug-16 09:07:47

We have not long returned from a ten day holiday. Whilst we were away our cat, who's 9, stayed in the cattery we have always used since he was little. Since returning home his behaviour has been really odd. He always has the hump with us and sulks for a couple of days but this time he is overly jumpy, constantly wanting to come in then go straight out again, meowing loudly whilst wandering about and this morning I come down to find he has pooed on the kitchen work surface. He has NEVER done anything like that before. He has always been such an 'easy' cat. Should I put it down to settling back in or take him to the vets?sad

maybeIwillmaybeIwont Fri 05-Aug-16 13:00:35

I think you'll find that in the next few days he will revert to 'normal' behaviour. But you went away and left him and doing a poo on the worktop is his way of saying 'how very dare you! '! And you left him for 10 whole days, he's a little monkey!!

cozietoesie Fri 05-Aug-16 13:11:37

How long is 'not long' ?

If really not long at all, he's likely just testing his rules to check that they're still the same.

Plus a good dose of 'That'll learn 'em'. wink Sounds as if he didn't much like the change.

DannyOD Fri 05-Aug-16 13:25:21

We got back last Saturday. Hee, hee, yeah I do get the feeling he is punishing us - but he has never pushed it this far before. smile

cozietoesie Fri 05-Aug-16 13:32:25

Stick as strictly as you can to your house routine and be implacable about rules. He won't dislike you for enforcing them - he'll recognise them and likely feel a lot happier for them being back. ( Maybe there was something subtly different about the cattery or its occupants this time round which has unsettled him more than usual.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now