Talk

Advanced search

May need to rehome if I can't get him to be quiet!

(6 Posts)
Strawberryshortcake40 Wed 03-Aug-16 06:45:28

6 weeks ago we moved to a new much smaller house on an estate. My two cats seem to settle okay and were their usual bit noisy selves (oriental types). They have never been that fond of each other, usually slept separately etc

Just over a week ago one disappeared, have no idea where he's gone and all very sad.

Other cat (who frankly has always been a bit of an annoying git) has become incredibly noisy. Obviously he is calling for his friend but it hasn't stopped, day and night. We have now had neighbours complain and I'm at my wits end with him. He doesn't want affection from us just this endless yowling. It's driving the dog insane and she has started barking at him. It's a madhouse.

I've got a plug in thingy (not working as he sprayed up it yesterday!), giving him nice food etc but frankly after a week of disturbed nights and grumpy sleep deprived DC I'm beginning to wonder if he would be happier elsewhere as I don't think cat #1 will be back sad

Any ideas?

Upwiththelark53 Wed 03-Aug-16 06:56:48

Oh my goodness what a time you are having. My first thought is that you should do everything you can to find the other cat. It seems your remaining cat wont settle until his friend is back. Have you got friends and neighbours at your old house who can look out for the missing cat ? He may have returned there. You don't say how far away your previous house is. Get loads of cap nip in to try and take his mind of things. I hope you find a solution soon.

QOD Wed 03-Aug-16 06:57:55

Get him neutered

Strawberryshortcake40 Wed 03-Aug-16 07:00:40

I have done everything to find other cat. Notices, talked to neighbours, FB. Friends looking for him here and at old house. He never likes people (apart from his family) so I don't think he would have willingly gone to someone else. He's microchipped and the council here scan any animals they find on roads. My guess is he's been stolen, he is a very very beautiful cat.

Old house is a 5 minute drive.

Have tried cat nip, DC playing with him etc etc. They are fed up of him crying all the time.

Strawberryshortcake40 Wed 03-Aug-16 07:01:26

Both my cats are neutered! But like a lot of oriental breeds they still occasionally spray. Unfortunately sad

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 03-Aug-16 08:03:16

Have you tried Zylkene with the cat that has been left behind, this sounds like classic cat anxiety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now