Talk

Advanced search

Team Larry or Team Palmerston?

(15 Posts)
Hassled Fri 29-Jul-16 16:33:10

Here

I think I prefer Palmerston. He seems like cat who takes no shit, and is unperturbed by the fact Larry is higher up the pecking order of Whitehall cats. He's the better mouser, too. There's now a third cat, Gladstone, in the Treasury but he's yet to get involved in territorial spats. Cute though.

PinkBuffalo Fri 29-Jul-16 16:37:29

I love Larrys Twitter page. Someone has been quite inventive there!
I do like the pictures they have of Larry at the door to number 10 and being stroked by the policeman smile
Think I might be on team Larry!

Hassled Fri 29-Jul-16 17:05:29

@DiploMog seems to be semi-official - lots of photos of Palmerston with various foreign ambassadors, who probably then leave thinking "these British are crazy".

Wordsaremything Fri 29-Jul-16 18:47:50

I like both! I think Palmerston's Twitter account is run by someone from the f c o. I think Larry's is unofficial.wink

There a fab one of Larry peering out at TMs leopard print heels!

Allergictoironing Fri 29-Jul-16 18:59:45

I have to vote for Gladstone, as he's black and mine are black & might-as-well-be black (charcoal tabby).

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 30-Jul-16 08:40:34

I have cuddled both <smug> and Palmerston is more friendly. Larry was like, just fuck off and leave me alone, crazy cat lady. Palmerston was smiley and friendly. Not met Gladstone, but f he continues wearing that bow tie, I don't rate his chances against Palmerston!

bertsdinner Sat 30-Jul-16 18:12:56

Gladstone wins on looks for me, love a black cat.
Think I would go for Palmerston overall, he looks like a bit of a moggy and a bruiser. My own cat is black and white so I could be biased.

midsomermurderess Sat 30-Jul-16 18:52:53

Palmerston until I saw Gladstone who has just moved into the FCO. He is a beauty.

midsomermurderess Sat 30-Jul-16 19:07:35

That should of course be the Treasury.

MaddyHatter Sat 30-Jul-16 19:19:20

#TeamGladstone

Hassled Sun 31-Jul-16 07:53:40

Gladstone has it in the looks department, it's true. He's the Hiddlestone of the Whitehall cat world, while Palmerston is more of a Russell Crowe. I can't think of anyone who's like Larry - it's too early in the day.

MaddyHatter Sun 31-Jul-16 09:32:56

ray winstone?

Hassled Sun 31-Jul-16 10:53:55

grin yes! Larry is Ray Winstone

MaddyHatter Sun 31-Jul-16 11:20:02

he's just got that worldly wise bruiser look about him, lol.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 31-Jul-16 14:00:44

Poor Larry, I seem to be his lone supporter! I've always liked an underdog, or in this case undercat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now