Do I have the only cats who aren't interested in boxes?!

(13 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sun 24-Jul-16 22:27:05

Neither of my two rescues Persian show any interest in boxes. I leave them lying around And they totally ignore them. Couldn't even get fattycat to play with the tape that was round one of them. Is it a Persian thing or are my girls just not normal hmmsmile

cozietoesie Sun 24-Jul-16 22:33:02

Big cardboard boxes?

Floralnomad Sun 24-Jul-16 22:35:10

My mums Ragdoll is the same , no interest in boxes of any size - strange because he loves an actual cat bed of any shape /size.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 25-Jul-16 09:53:54

It's all boxes. I left a huge box in the hall for 3 days and they went nowhere near it. sad

RepentAtLeisure Mon 25-Jul-16 17:31:58

Maybe. I have the classic type that ignored the gigantic cat playground we bought her but adored the box it came in. I'd rather have your kind tbh...

BorpBorpBorp Mon 25-Jul-16 17:34:08

Mine don't like boxes where the sides are too high. If they can lie down and just raise their head slightly and see over the edge, they're all over it. If not, they're not interested.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Mon 25-Jul-16 17:35:42

Lucy hates boxes, she's a bog standard tabby.

She loves a primark brown paper bag though

Toddlerteaplease Mon 25-Jul-16 17:56:01

I think mine just don't really know how to play. They spent their whole lives until a year ago being bred from in a cattery. They are not good at being cats full stop!

hollinhurst84 Mon 25-Jul-16 18:12:50

Mine has no interest in them really. Or paper bags

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 25-Jul-16 18:23:40

We had an ex breeding queen, she didn't know how to cat either.

She knew how to rule the other 3 with an iron paw though.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 25-Jul-16 19:22:15

I think they rule me with an iron paw! Fatty cat is such a fussy diva!

NarcyCow Tue 26-Jul-16 09:24:48

If you want to teach them to play, start with a laser pointer. I've never met a cat that could resist one of those.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 26-Jul-16 09:43:27

Yes. They love it. They have very select tastes in toys. They will only play with handmade ones from a shop on etsy. My friends Persian brings her toys and leaves them outside his bedroom every morning. I'm so jealous!! envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now