So today boy cat had an adventure

(9 Posts)
Mycatsabastard Sat 23-Jul-16 17:00:27

This morning we had to go to the post office. We went out the back gate and boy cat followed us out onto the little path. This leads onto the cycle path, and yes, still following us.

We kept walking, him trotting along meowing his head off and determined to stay with us.

We got to the end and dp decided to stay with him at the path while I went across the road to the post office.

Here he is walking with dp on the path.

Mycatsabastard Sat 23-Jul-16 17:01:36

I get back from the post office and find dp and no cat. Ask him where boy cat is. Apparently a dog off a lead chased him and he had vanished. But we heard him crying and found him here. Up a tree.

Mycatsabastard Sat 23-Jul-16 17:04:30

Soon lots of people started gathering to offer advice on how to get the cat out of the tree but to no avail. Eventually dp decides to go home and get a bag of dreamies.

While he is gone the gate of the garden opens and the owner appears. I tell her my cat is up her tree. She goes back to the house and appears with some chicken. Cat is interested but definitely not moving.

Dp appears again with a cat box and dreamies. Cat still not moving but still crying.

So dp and homeowner go and get ladder out of her garage and dp climbs up to get the cat. He is put unceremoniously in his cat box and we carry him home. He gets home and eats the chicken and half a bag of dreamies.

Then goes for a lie down under the garden table. He's 14. He should know better by now!

GRW Sat 23-Jul-16 17:43:46

What a lovely story. I have only known young cats get stuck up trees. He might do it again if he thinks he will be rescued with chicken and dreaming.

timtam23 Sat 23-Jul-16 18:00:15

Ahhh so glad to hear he was rescued safely! Love the picture of him trotting along the path smile

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 23-Jul-16 18:19:19

Ah, you got him down. A while ago, LandingCat (also old enough to know better) got himself in a similar predicament. The tree was very high - too high for our ladder - and nothing could tempt him down. Aware I was now a cliche, I phoned the fire brigade. Then as I was on the phone the rain started and suddenly, he remembered how to climb and came sprinting indoors. The fire brigade call handier just laughed when I told her - apparently that's how the firemen get them down - spray them with water (far safer than trying to hold onto a distressed and possibly scratchy bitey bundle of cat.)

hollinhurst84 Sat 23-Jul-16 18:31:06

Mine gets vertigo above level 1 of the cat tree but happily scales the neighbours balcony and roof hmm
They would get on well

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 23-Jul-16 20:22:22

How worried was your dp about telling you the cat was missing?

Mycatsabastard Sat 23-Jul-16 21:45:53

fluffy he was ok, it's technically his cat (until I moved in and fed him nice food to make him love me more) and we knew he wouldn't be far away.

Teen has just come home unexpectedly, we weren't expecting her back til tomorrow. Boy cat had met her at the end of our street and walked her home. grin

I was tempted to phone the fire brigade Landing but dp told me not to be ridiculous. There's nothing ridiculous about lots of lovely men in uniform.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now