Talk

Advanced search

injured kitten

(7 Posts)
Purplehonesty Sat 16-Jul-16 19:55:04

Whilst I was out at work ds went to shut the front door and caught our kittens head/neck in it as she was trying to squeeze out.
Dh said she took off like a rocket but then collapsed, couldn't walk and was panting.
He took her to the litter tray and she pooped (no wonder) and then he laid her on our bed
Since then (an hour) she has been sleepy but has managed to walk around the bed a bit.
I've checked her all over and she doesn't cry when I touch her anywhere and she is breathing fine.
The emergency vet said just watch her and see how she is tonight.
I'm so sad and so worried.
Vet said she needs to rest and should be fine.
I wish there was cat calpol! She's 17 weeks and she is such a wonderful wee character.

WeirdAndPissedOff Sat 16-Jul-16 20:56:48

flowers
It's so worrying when they're hurt or not themselves.
We've done similar to ours before, and they're surprisingly hardy - her immediate reaction may have just been down to stress.

But keep a close eye on her, and I would recommend taking her in if her behaviour continues to be unusual, if she loses appetite or seems in pain, etc.

WeirdAndPissedOff Sat 16-Jul-16 20:57:24

Although unfortunately the consult fees will be higher on a Sunday, or late in the evening.

Purplehonesty Sat 16-Jul-16 21:51:47

She's sleeping on and off now.

We've put her little bed beside ours and haven't left her by herself at all so we can watch her breathing. She has had two little drinks and a tiny piece of ham but nothing else.

My dad came round half an hour ago to give her some reiki and she seemed to like that. She sat up while he did it and closed her eyes.

Will see how she is in the morning, it's an £85 vet out of hours fee but I don't care. The vet was lovely, she rang me back an hour ago just to check how she was. Again recommended letting her sleep.

Let's hope tomorrow brings improvement

Purplehonesty Sun 17-Jul-16 07:37:03

She's walking this morning and I've had a few miaows.

Still stiff and sore looking but on the mend I would say. What a relief

CatNip2 Sun 17-Jul-16 07:38:40

Awwww glad she is feeling better.

Purplehonesty Sun 17-Jul-16 07:48:58

Me too! She has had some cat meat now.
I woke every hour last night to check on her so I've got a really sore head!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now