Talk

Advanced search

Cat's favourite thing

(24 Posts)
RubbishMantra Sat 16-Jul-16 16:45:20

Little Monsieur loves trailing about the house making odd noises. If I repeat these odd noises back to him (which I always do), he bounds into whichever room I'm in and squirms about on his back in ecstasy, showing his little tufty pink pig-belly.

What's your cat's favourite thing?

TroysMammy Sat 16-Jul-16 18:52:59

My cat used to love me calling him Mammy's kitten or just kitten. He would come running for some fuss. He was 5.

Hopelass Sat 16-Jul-16 19:05:12

Fish. White fish. She gets it as a treat about once a month. Had some today and has just gone to sleep. I swear she is smiling! She looks so content. Spoilt puss.

OliviaStabler Sat 16-Jul-16 19:11:29

The Laser pen. She shouts for it.

WeirdAndPissedOff Sat 16-Jul-16 20:51:41

One of ours has a beanie anteater - wasn't supposed to be hers as it was in a big bin liner of beanie babies a friend gave us to sell, but she dived in and grabbed it, and it's been her favourite toy ever since!
She also gets really excited if you let her upstairs while we're getting ready in the mornings.

One of my sisters cats goes absolutely nuts for cotton wool buds, and a squishy ball that came free in s bag of Coco Pops.

And our elderly cat loves hair bobbles and fridge magnets!

RubbishMantra Sat 16-Jul-16 20:52:21

My other boy, MCat, used to love the laser pen. When he got tired of chasing it, he'd lie on his side and chirrup at it in a flirtatious manner. When I switched it off, he'd rummage through the shaggy rug, looking for the dot. Now he's a bit like, "that's so last season."

RubbishMantra Sat 16-Jul-16 21:06:49

Was the Coco Pops Squishy ball a recent thing Weird? Because Little Monsieur seems to have stolen acquired one.

He likes bringing in stuff from the garden, sticks, great lumps of muddy moss that got washed off the roof in the rain and he sometimes leaves rose prunings by my bed.

Someone on another thread said their cat likes raspberries blown on his belly - he does too.

Ah, and he LOVES the Woolly Hug I received from you beautiful lot. He thinks it was made especially for him. smile

Onesieisthequeensselfie Sat 16-Jul-16 22:06:49

Aww, he sounds adorable. I love those weird cat noises! And I know what you mean about learning the language - DP jokes that I'm starting to speak more cat than human these days grin

And raspberries on the belly are soooo amazing! grin

hollinhurst84 Sun 17-Jul-16 18:10:33

His hooman hmm
He likes mostly to sit on me blinking at me and purring

Toddlerteaplease Sun 17-Jul-16 19:51:37

One of my girls adores the plastic covers that we put on themometers at work. I tend to put them in my pocket and come home with loads of them. She knocks over the waste paper bin in the bedroom to get them. I was amazed that she knew they were there. She's not endowed with many brain cells! I keep finding them all over the place.

RubbishMantra Mon 18-Jul-16 06:07:49

And ribbons? We need more Ribbon Face photos Hollinhurst!

Well I do anyway. grin

iloveeverykindofcat Mon 18-Jul-16 09:02:47

Zara: cuddles, smooths, fish, flattery, the top shelf of the airing cabinet where there may or may not be a balled up duvet especially for her usage

Bibi: Catnip hmm

TimeIhadaNameChange Mon 18-Jul-16 12:25:10

Going on an adventure with me in the garden. Doesn't happen much, these days, but when I had ducks she'd come down with me to feed them every morning and we'd "Go on a Bear Hunt" together, with me making up different rhymes for the various parts of the garden we'd go through. She loved it, and would get quite cross if she missed it for whatever reason.

There was one time I was in the burn with DP, and she found me down there. She was horrified I was in the water, and spent 20 minutes screaming at me to get out. When I eventually did so we went for a lovely walk along the bank together, and she was as happy as larry!

hollinhurst84 Mon 18-Jul-16 19:13:55

Here you go. Shoelace face today

hollinhurst84 Mon 18-Jul-16 19:30:24

I "forced" hmm him to do a video
https://instagram.com/p/BIA01YmBbGL/

BorpBorpBorp Tue 19-Jul-16 15:54:04

BorpCat2's favourite thing is BorpCat1.
BorpCat1's favourite thing is anywhere she can sit where BorpCat2 doesn't go, so that she can have a break.

RubbishMantra Fri 22-Jul-16 18:54:01

I love the way he's licking his lips in anticipation in a lot of the photos.

He has very prominent bottom fangs, sort of like a bulldog. Is that just part of Ribbon Face?

hollinhurst84 Sat 23-Jul-16 00:19:06

Yep. He looks perfectly normal until the ribbon appears and then he turns into some kind of vampire bulldog hmm
This is his usual face

Onesieisthequeensselfie Sat 23-Jul-16 00:37:45

A bit like cat Clarke Kent and Superman grin
Loved the vid, absolutely gorgeous boy! You a lucky hooman!

MadamDeathstare Sat 23-Jul-16 00:53:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Sat 23-Jul-16 08:59:25

PolterCat loves being talked to and maintaining eye contact as he 'talks' back. He likes to sit at the table with us at meal times. He likes biting the eyes off toys. His favourite toy is a Yeowwww Pollock Fish which he chases, chews and throws around (I think he thinks he's a dog)

Bogburglar99 Sat 23-Jul-16 17:19:00

Feathers. BogBastard brings them in and despatches them with extreme prejudice. I don't know if he equates them with actual birds but they are His Kill and you take them off him at your peril.

If my MIL (who is not really a cat person) is very lucky, she gets ceremoniously presented with the soggy remains.

bertsdinner Sun 24-Jul-16 11:06:32

Mine loves his bouncy ball. I throw it and he goes crazy, leaping up and bashing it like a tennis ace, then tearing around the house with it in his mouth.
He loves his Webbox stick/treat things. The rustle of the packet drives him crazy.

RubbishMantra Sun 24-Jul-16 19:19:03

Little Monsieur also loves it when I sing to him. Sort of like TimeIhadaNameChange's making up rhymes during a bear hunt around the garden.

My singing voice is dreadful, but he's happily curled into my (hot) foot, after me singing "Baby Can I Hold You Tonight". confused

We have different tastes in music.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now