Talk

Advanced search

1 year old cat has had accident and operation and is hating being caged.

(4 Posts)
StirredNotShaken Sun 10-Jul-16 23:10:01

That's it really. My 13 mth old cat has had an accident (not sure what happened) but this has necessitated an op to put a pin into her femur which was fractured. She is being kept in dog crate and is not liking it at all! This has been the case since Friday and it is only Sunday! I feel so sorry for her. Has anyone had experience of this....

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 11-Jul-16 08:32:22

I regularly deal with caged cats for these reasons. Having her out in the evenings to sit on your lap is okay. Hanging toys from the roof of the cage so she can play with them whilst lying down is also good. It is a short term pain for long term gain, the horror of letting the cat out and dealing with the subsequent injury ( which I have dealt with one and lead to an amputation) is just not worth considering.

MorticiaLiverish Mon 11-Jul-16 14:27:53

Yes. My cat was in a cage for 21 weeks last year, it was a nightmare! Originally was supposed to be 6 weeks following an operation but that didn't work and he ended up having 4 ops, then fractured his femur and in total spent almost 6 months in a cage :-(

I found that mine calmed down after a few days, once he had stopped trying to escape by pulling at the bars and headbutting the sides. He didn't like it though as I think he was bored, my OH spent a lot of time lying down at the side of the cage stroking him through the bars soppy git

Towards the end we were letting him out for cuddles, just letting him lie on a blanket on the floor, or lifting him onto the sofa, no jumping around was allowed!

StirredNotShaken Tue 12-Jul-16 22:46:23

Thanks for responding It is driving me nuts! She is miaowing really loudly and looks demented with boredom! I have had her out an for a cuddle in my arms which she loves but i do feel sorry for her. She is not even a week into her confinement! How do cats not understand that if they try to walk ti will hurt!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now