A month after his shave..

(16 Posts)
StillMedusa Fri 08-Jul-16 22:39:09

Obie looks like a cat again instead of a giant ginger slug grin
He is so much happier without his thick coat and best of all he is letting me gently groom him. I bought a comb recommended here with has teeth which rotate and don't pull (he HATED the furminator) and his sister likes it too.
We are contemplating getting some proper Oster clippers to see if we can do him ourselves in future as it seems to be the way forward for him.
Meantime you can see he has suffered terribly... not!
(shaved and now shots included!)

cozietoesie Fri 08-Jul-16 22:47:03

What a cuddler!smile

And great news about the increasing tolerance to grooming.

Wolfiefan Fri 08-Jul-16 22:48:44

Gorgeous boy. Glad to hear you are having greater success with grooming. I used to have to catnip my old girl before she would allow me near her!
grin

YesItsMeIDontCare Fri 08-Jul-16 22:50:21

Oh bless him! He's lovely.

I'm trying to resist the temptation to lower the tone, but honestly... he was a shaved pussy...c'mon - that's hysterical! 😸

cozietoesie Fri 08-Jul-16 22:53:50

Only partially shaved! grin

I thought he looked pretty handsome as well - quite leonine.

StillMedusa Fri 08-Jul-16 23:04:24

He looks great now as his mane still stands out but his furry legs look more blended with his body. His fat belly is still swinging gaily underneath, but looks a bit less like old mens' testicles now it has a covering of fur grin

He is snoring beside me as I type smile

RubbishMantra Sat 09-Jul-16 01:45:55

He's sexy and he knows it grin

iloveeverykindofcat Sat 09-Jul-16 10:56:42

He looks like an adorable lion <3

Oldraver Sat 09-Jul-16 17:41:58

I was also thinking he looked like a lion

Bogburglar99 Sun 10-Jul-16 21:32:39

Which is the comb you were recommended? BogBastard is a Siberian so similar issues. Am reluctant to give him the giant ginger slug treatment but if he insists on coming in wearing half the hedge, and then attacking the comb after thirty seconds ...

dudsville Sun 10-Jul-16 21:36:53

I always wonder what animals make of us. I looked at your shaved pic and imagined a thought bubble along the lines of "why the feck did she take my hair? Weird ass lady".

RubbishMantra Sun 10-Jul-16 22:09:35

I reckon he'd be thinking "Thank Christ on a bike that I don't have to clean off my cling-ons with my tongue." grin

StillMedusa Sun 10-Jul-16 22:09:49

Bogburglar.. it's this one
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C7DKAL2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks really basic but because each tooth rotates as it goes through it doesn't tug half as much!

I also bought this to go with it www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N0Y2DHG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which is also quite effective.

My other Maine Coon (who wasn't shaved!) seems quite happy to be groomed with these, and we are working on Obie while his still short :D

StillMedusa Sun 10-Jul-16 22:11:04

Dudsville.. Obie seemed to barely notice his nudey state... his sister however did... don't ever tell me cats don't have facial expressions, because hers clearly said ' FUCK!! What happened?!?!?!' grin

tillyann2013 Sun 10-Jul-16 22:17:31

He looks so chilled out. We had to have our boy shaved too after he'd been missing for 5 months! He was really badly matted and was wincing when we stroked him. He's so much happier now but he's gone from a totally black cat to black and white! His fur underneath is Snow White and he looks quite odd now. Will he stay like this or will it go black again I wonder? Before and after included

SalemsLott Sun 10-Jul-16 23:27:45

Beautiful cats. tillyann his new fur is spectacular grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now