Talk

Advanced search

They think my Kitten has a hole in his heart :(

(4 Posts)
MaddyHatter Tue 05-Jul-16 12:52:09

He's only 10mo, just been in for his annual check up under their Healthy Pet Club scheme.

Its the first time its been picked up, nothing was detected when he was nuetered a few months ago.

The vet detected a slight heart murmur and thinks it might be a hole in his heart, probably a small one as its the first time its been picked up, he has to go in for a heart scan next week.

I'm trying not to flap, and we are covered under his insurance, and my family has ha dogs with Heart issues (MVD) before.

but he's my littlest baby sad

RubbishMantra Tue 05-Jul-16 13:27:17

You must be worried for your little cat. But many cats with heart murmurs go on to lead good long lives.

I was born with a hole in my heart, and it closed up by the time I was 5, had it been any longer than that, I would have needed surgery. I just wasn't allowed to get too excited.

A poster on here has a cat who's heartbeat can only be detected on one side, and he's an elderly gent of 21!

MaddyHatter Tue 05-Jul-16 18:57:11

i know, and he's still running around like a little pocket rocket, i'm just stressing because until he has this scan, its unknown if this is a valve issue or an actual hole.

Wolfiefan Tue 05-Jul-16 19:00:54

I can't imagine it will be a big problem if they didn't notice it before. One of mine had a murmur that was detected before neutering. They said it isn't uncommon in very young cats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now