Cat peeing and pooing in the house and not in the litter tray.

(2 Posts)
Allthefours Tue 05-Jul-16 08:16:25

We've just moved house 7 weeks ago and initially our 5 year old cat seemed OK. She went outside after a day or 2 as it was difficult to keep her in. She doesn't go too far and always comes in when we call her.

More recently she has taken to peeing and pooing in the house and not in the litter tray, to the point where my hallway stinks. Every morning we come down to a poo in the kitchen. She has a litter tray with catsan litter in it (she won't use the wooden pellet type litter), but seems to pee in it once and then refuses to use it and never poos in it either.

So 2 questions, what do I do about the poo and wee and what do I do about the smell?

We've had her since she was 4 months old (rescue cat) and has been a superstar. I guess the house move may have stressed her more than I thought but she is seriously driving me insane.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 05-Jul-16 08:21:41

Smell- scrub with bio detergent then treat with Mr Muscle pet Odour destroyer. Zoflora is good too.

Problem - more litter trays? Put them where the cat is going?

Have you had a vet visit to check all is ok?

Feliway plug in ,in case it's anxiety related ? ( Worked a treat with my cat)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now