Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else getting a daily live rodent indoors?

(8 Posts)
ClaudiaNaughton Thu 30-Jun-16 07:35:17

They don't get killed or eaten, just brought in alive (very much so) for sport. They often escape behind skirting. Cat then loses interest. Last night another live one found in bathroom. DH a professional now with glass and postcard. In fact he's almost as good a hunter as Claudicat.

NoFuchsGiven Thu 30-Jun-16 07:37:10

I am getting daily presents but of the dead variety!

BelOfTheBall79 Thu 30-Jun-16 07:59:05

Daily, often multiple per day. Or rather at night as my two sleep all day.

Is it mousing 'season'? I'm 39 weeks pregnant and DH thinks it's something to do with that.

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 30-Jun-16 08:09:05

When I had two cats I did. (my beautiful boy was hit by a car and killed a few months ago sad)
My female cat stroppy bitch used to bring them in alive, and they would hide behind my fridge or washing machine until my male cat found them and finished them off in the most undignified manner hmm a few times I awoke to him dropping a severed mouse head on my chest and a very proud "meow" confused Doesn't happen anymore, but only because we moved house and don't have a cat flap yet!!

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Thu 30-Jun-16 08:13:20

My mum gets this, her kitty is a master mouser. They don't all make it in alive but DM has a humane tap that is well used.

Therewere5inthebed Thu 30-Jun-16 08:49:13

I keep getting them too, at least one every day/night for the last week and a half!

Girl cat 2 keeps bringing them in very much alive and letting them go in the kitchen. We don't even have a cat flap, she climbs up and through the 1st floor bedroom fanlight window! As far as she's concerned then she's done her bit and wanders off to find another. Girl cat 1 (19 yrs) can't be bothered to catch it and Boy cat tries very half heartedly before heading off for a nap.

I'm a dab hand at catching them usually but I'm on crutches at the moment and stand no chance..

Clandestino Thu 30-Jun-16 08:52:52

My big boy brings living mice in bad weather when he wants to play inside (or he wakes me up so I can play with him as I am his surrogate kitten). Last Friday he brought a dead mouse, woke me up to serve it and then went off to have his dinner, expecting me to eat my snack. I explained to him that I don't eat mice after 1.30 in the night and handed the mouse back to him. He gladly ate it.
My little chubbster brings birds, which is worse because they make a holy mess in our living room.

MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Thu 30-Jun-16 11:08:48

Normally yes but they've moved on to birds suddenly. Two in two days, I managed to rescue one but not the other. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now