Talk

Advanced search

cystophan. any good?

(4 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sun 26-Jun-16 16:26:13

My girl has been weeing on the sofa this week. The vet thinks it is anxiety. Which makes sense as she did it when I first got her. She's prescribed cystophan and then said to try zykelene afterwards if she's still anxious. Do any of these work?

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 26-Jun-16 16:54:12

Have investigations ruled out infectious cause and possible bladder crystals, so giving a diagnosis of exclusion of stress? In which case yes they do work for some cats combined with behavioural modifications and environmental enrichment strategies.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 26-Jun-16 17:29:04

The vet gave her bladder a good squeeze and said she didn't seem to be uncomfortable and her bladder was empty.. It's similar behaviour to what she did when I first adopted her. I went away for the weekend last week and it started when I got back. Clearly two cat sitters was too much for her. Though apparently she was very affectionate to one of them.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 27-Jun-16 08:17:38

One dose. Taken like an angel and she's back to her usual self. Following me round the house giving me big eyes. No wee on sofa and woke up with my face in her tummy. Clearly it is good stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now