Is my cat ok?

(9 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Thu 23-Jun-16 13:50:33

Recently adopted 2 kittens who have settled in wonderfully. On Sunday night, one of them woke me up in the middle of the night.

I was laid on my back and he was frantically trying to get into the space between my jaw and shoulder. He was scrabbling and pawing like crazy and I did worry that there was a spider of some sort, so I moved him away but he just carried on in the new spot. He was purring so loud and constant - I honestly thought he was broken. I got up to check on his brother who was fine and after an hour he settled.

Last night, he did the same. I turned onto my side and it seemed as though it was my hair he was going for. He was pawing away and doing " happy feet" right into my scalp, all the while purring like I have never heard him. I had to shut him out in the end as they have disturbed me alot this week, but I just worry he isnt ok. I have had cats before but never had any of them do this. The easy answer is probably just to shut my bedroom door of a night but I do love having them curl up next to me

Toddlerteaplease Thu 23-Jun-16 13:55:00

Sounds pretty normal. Say goodbye to a full nights sleep! ( though my adult cats eventually settled down and no longer sit on my head and headbut me several times a night, they just sleep next to me so I can't move.

imjessie Thu 23-Jun-16 14:02:01

He probably misses his mum and wants to snuggle with you. My cat is 18 and sleeps and purrs loudly next to my head every night .. I Lubs him!! smile

NarcyCow Thu 23-Jun-16 14:06:00

He likes you : )

TobleroneBoo Thu 23-Jun-16 14:55:10

Ahh thats alright then! I did worry when we first got them that they wouldnt love us and when they first sat on our laps my heart could have burst!

I will remember that he loves me! I had just never heard such an unwavering purr - I thought his purr setting was stuck to "on"!!

imjessie Thu 23-Jun-16 16:08:10

Some cats are just big purrers , my girl cat is very aloof and doesn't purr much and when she does it's so quiet . She gets as much love but just isn't as loving .. Enjoy him and if you want them to be loving then encourage it .

iloveeverykindofcat Thu 23-Jun-16 16:45:38

He's just an affectionate cat. One of mine is very full on with her affections, really vocal with a purr like a tractor. She purrs at the drop of a hat (and hisses if you thwart her in any way). The other is quiet and expresses affection more subtly.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 23-Jun-16 17:49:54

Try slow blinking at them.

TobleroneBoo Thu 23-Jun-16 18:11:33

You don't get a much slower blink than being sound asleep grin thanks though I will try tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now