Talk

Advanced search

Poorly kitten

(7 Posts)
viviennewestood Tue 21-Jun-16 19:47:28

One of my kittens (11 month old) seems to be lethargic today and isn't her usual self. She's letting me stroke her belly and put my finger on her teeth without nipping me like she usually does. When should I call the vet?

cozietoesie Tue 21-Jun-16 19:50:50

Is she eating/drinking/using her tray as normal?

viviennewestood Tue 21-Jun-16 20:02:04

She's eating/drinking as normal but in the past couple of weeks she's been favouring the corner of the living room to do her business. I called the woman at the shelter and she said it's probably the stress of going outside for the first time and she might think that I'm abandoning her - her and her sister were strays and had a rough time before they came to live with us a month ago.

cozietoesie Tue 21-Jun-16 20:12:18

Have they definitely had all their shots and been neutered? Oh - and I infer that they both go outside?

viviennewestood Tue 21-Jun-16 20:27:46

Yeah definitely had all their shots and have been neutered. They both go outside but only as far as the back garden. This just seems out of character for her as she's usually in non stop play mode sad

cozietoesie Tue 21-Jun-16 20:38:37

Myself, I'd vet her if she's the same tomorrow and without any known cause. Owners' perceptions of a significant change in a cat's behaviour are often good signals.

viviennewestood Tue 21-Jun-16 21:34:58

I will see how she is in the morning and take her to the vets if there's no change. Hopefully she's just having an off day but I don't want to risk it when she can't tell me what's bothering her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now