Talk

Advanced search

Hayfever?

(4 Posts)
darumafan Tue 21-Jun-16 14:53:33

Can cats suffer from Hayfever? One of my boys has had runny eyes on and off for a couple of weeks now. While it was raining and cloudy, he was ok but today his eyes are streaming. I have been bathing them in cool boiled water and that seems to help. Is it just coincidence or can they get Hayfever?

Toddlerteaplease Thu 23-Jun-16 14:05:39

I was wondering the same as my too have both been very sneezy for a couple of weeks. Though they seem better now. Apparently you can give them human piriton but only a tiny amount as it makes them drowsy.

Allergictoironing Thu 23-Jun-16 17:40:02

Don't know about cats, but we had a horse once that was allergic to one of the grasses in her hay. Her whole face swelled up, she looked like a white hippo! The vet did apologise for laughing when he saw her...

Check with your vet as I'm not sure about cats, but for the horse we were advised to add some crushed anti-histamines to her food which worked. Cost us a fortune in replacing the year's stock of hay we'd bought though.

FuzzyOwl Thu 23-Jun-16 17:40:48

I would check with your vet as it could also be cat flu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now