I have one cat. I want another

(12 Posts)
fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sun 19-Jun-16 10:35:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 19-Jun-16 12:10:13

I have a cat , I'd be worried about him getting the hump and buggering off but I'd love another three

Toddlerteaplease Sun 19-Jun-16 12:36:44

I've got two and would love a third but my house is too small.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 19-Jun-16 12:37:04

Forgot to say, go for it!

katemiddletonsnudeheels Sun 19-Jun-16 12:39:39

They will puff up and hiss and make growling noises, then you will go home and find them curled up together smile

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe Sun 19-Jun-16 12:46:50

We got another kitten when our first cat was a year old.

Older cat spent two days looking appalled and outraged and making funny yodelling noises at the new kitten. But he never hurt or touched him. New kitten just carried on as usual and scoffed all the food.

Eventually we found them curled up together. They both just have to establish the pecking order. Even now they're 7 and 6 they still curl up together and groom each other but older cat occasionally asserts authority by biffing younger one if he oversteps the mark. They get along just fine though.

PestoSwimissimos Sun 19-Jun-16 13:01:14

Do it!

We got PestoCat1 as an older kitten from the RSPCA and had him for nearly 2 years before deciding to rescue another cat. This time we went for an older cat who had been stuck in the rescue for months coz no-one wanted him.

It really didn't take very long for PestoCat1 to accept PestoCat2 and the newcomer settled in extremely quickly. I think he was so very grateful to finally be back in a loving home.

The younger cat is usually out hunting, whilst the older cat is more of a homebody which is nice. And he loves a lap smile

Do it!!!

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sun 19-Jun-16 13:10:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WeirdAndPissedOff Sun 19-Jun-16 17:53:20

Haha - we had this a few years ago. As others said it takes a while for them to get used to each other but they settle down after a while.
We ended up getting two though - we'd only planned one getting one but the one we liked was inseparable from his brother, and we managed to reason that it was better as they wouldn't bother the older one so much when they played! grin

Janey50 Sun 19-Jun-16 18:05:51

IMO 2 cats are no more work or trouble than one,and I speak as someone who had 4 of them at one time. Your cat may act a bit put out for a few weeks,but give her a bit of time to get used to the newcomer and things should be fine. Keep an eye on them when you first introduce them,keep the newcomer in the cat basket to start with and let your older cat have a good sniff,without actually being able to touch him/her. We had 2 cats for 18 months before getting 2 more,a brother and sister of 5 months,and had no problems.

Janey50 Sun 19-Jun-16 18:07:33

Also meant to say,go for it OP! I am sure you won't regret it.

catbasilio Wed 22-Jun-16 14:09:03

I have one and that is too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now